This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think the goverment should censored the internet?
11-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Do you think the goverment should censored the internet?
I been hearing from different websites like Facebook, twitter and more that the government been creating a bill that censored the internet. Meaning they will shut down all websites like Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace. And I been voting against that. So if you think it not okay please explain.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:04 PM

They won't ban the internet, its a free country

Ads

Why? Take away another one of our rights which are dwindling so fast now

u r hearing frm websies like facebook , twitter..........

how come i dont hear frm them.......

usually they say to me...."ur acc has been suspended "

Criminal activity is occurring on the internet in the form of copy-write piracy. The government is moving to attempt to stop it. I don't like what the government is proposing because it goes too far in some areas, but the bellyaching by Facebook and Twitter amounts to nothing more attempts to avoid having to actually police their sites against illegal activity. If the industry as a whole (content providers) would have done this willingly they would not be seeing attempted government intrusion now. However what they are trying to do instead is gin up fear in order to maintain their desired status quo. I have no sympathy for them.

@Tom Florentine You are incorrect. Please research SOPA and the IP Protect bills. These are what are currently being debated in the House and Senate.

No if you want Free Speech to survive, which it appears it isn't going to.

Youtube will be most dramatically effected. The reality of the legislation is that it won't be the government censoring the internet. It will be private media corporations able to shut down websites they feel somehow competes with their own personal interpretations of copyrights. It's a huge blunder and an attack on innovation. You know how we hear about job-killing innovation? This is it.

No No No! Today Internet is only one of not that many free sources left for us to shear independent Information and news allover the world.

barely

I think that filling up the web with misspelled nonsense is far more efficient than outright censoring

The bill for censoring the Internet would prevent other countries to get access to our websites , and us getting access to theirs. Facebook,Twitter, and ALOT of the other social networking sites are run inside America, they wouldn't go anywhere, YouTube would lose ALOT and our access to cultural music would diminish significantly. It would still be a good idea to vote against the bill, because it would remove access to worldwide clothing sites, and increase the governments watch of everyday activity on the Internet. I do not think this bill will pass considering the president has personal presidential campaigns on Tumblr, a social networking site run in Japan. This is important because the president is the final veto HOWEVER he can be overturned. Thus bringing us one step closer to losing our human rights promised to us by the constitution and making us like China.