This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are the advantages to using social networking websites?
11-09-2012, 10:27 PM
What are the advantages to using social networking websites?
If you could list two or three distinct advantages i'd appreciate it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:36 PM

Not talking to people because you are busy checking your account. Anti-social behavior.

Ads

You have the ability to catch up with people you have lost contact with over the years. I have met up with so many people i've lost contact with.

That being said, you remain in contact with others that you probably would have lost. Graduating from highschool is a perfect example. You all move on, but places like Facebook keep you in touch.

I find, its also helpful for making new friends and meeting new people all around the world, and with things like applications or games - it makes it even easier to find people with similar interests.

You can promote your business easier, or even start one. voice a cause in a "group" or share pictures with family members and friends on the other side of the country.

One of the features I like the most, is that sometimes I wonder how so and so is doing, although i don't really talk to them. I can just head on their facebook profile and see "oh hey--- so and so just had a baby" and type congrats. or see "oh no, so and so just lost their mother" and write a note of sympathy. Great for birthdays too!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...412AAqljqa

Networking. You can build contacts for business and pleasure by speaking to friends of friends and build a rapport.

Confidence. A lot of people have more confidence to talk to potential partners and friends behind a computer screen than they will ever have in real life.

Building a name for yourself. A business, a model, a musician or a band can gain more exposure than through flyers and website advertisments by socially connecting their profession to themselves through friends on networking websites.