This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are good reasons to move out of your house when getting a divorce?
11-09-2012, 10:41 PM
What are good reasons to move out of your house when getting a divorce?
I'm getting divorce I have to little guys and i want to take them with me. there dad is out of the house for 12 hours a day then when he gets home he is constantly on his phone either on facebook or talking to his girlfriend who is having a baby next week. My lawyer says I need a very good reason for moving out and wanting to take my kids with me. Or the judge will tell me I have to stay till it's final. Someone please help!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:49 PM

I feel sorry for your kids.

Ads

You don't need permission to move out. You're getting divorced, he has moved on.....enough said.

Are you really an independent adult?

I don't understand this lawyer. Or perhaps I don't understand the circumstances.

If you are trying to get possession of the home for you and the kids to live in after the divorce is final, I could see that you might want to physically stay in the house. Otherwise, I don't understand this advice from your lawyer.

my boyfriend went through the same thing with his ex wife, due to loosing possession of items or the money on the sale of the house they both refused to leave but lived separate lives. it sounds like that is what is going on.

The only way is if he hit you.. call 911 . they will take him to jail.. and you keep the kids,, don't worry he will get bailed out and it won't harm with him keeping his job

Never been there a divorce where money was at estate. You would think he having a baby by another women would be enough to move out.. lawyer are no lawyer I would already be gone...

If the divorce isnt finalized - and you have a home to move to, you can move there. Although, if your husband wont allow you taking the children, you cannot take them. You cannot take them until the divorce is finalized awarding you primary residential placement (custody).

If you leave the home without the children - that is considered abandonement, and looks bad if you actually do want custody of the children. You, yourself can leave - but not if you want to keep the kids. Or have an equal hand in the division of assests.

A good reason for moving out, would be abuse. And since it appears the situation is just irritating and not detreimental, it would be best to wait it out until the divorce is finalized. Other wise theres risk of other complications.

Just keep hanging in there, it will all be over soon. Atleast hes gone for most of the day Smile And when the baby is born, he may be gone even more.

I could see that you might want to physically stay in the house. Otherwise, I don't understand this advice from your lawyer. :-)