This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what is the deal with ppl putting # in their facebook statuses and tweets?
11-09-2012, 10:42 PM
what is the deal with ppl putting # in their facebook statuses and tweets?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:50 PM

I dont kno#w. it just #happens ran#domly.

Ads

tags directs you comment to a certain tweet site eg #xfactorau, went to X factor AU show tweet site, follow me tag if you like

It gets annoying there hash tags I feel u

Well, in facebook it does absolutely nothing Tongue As in there's no clicking feature, but it sort of has a meaning I suppose. That "meaning", or use is a Twitter thing. It's called a hashtag within Twitter. You make hashtags kind of like a title for what you're talking about. For example: "Damn I could use a sandwich #hungry" or "Missing my Babe # lonely" or "Omg!! I can't stand Blah! I can't believe he said that to Bleh!! #[insert reality tv show here]". Then, you could click on the hashtag (so, "#hungry", "#lonely", "#[insert reality tv show here]"), and you can see what other people on Twitter are talking about in relation to that topic, or hashtag if you will (sometimes when a large portion of the 'Twitter community' 'tweets' a certain 'hashtag' that hashtag goes into "trending". People even "hashtag" other people when they're talking about them (often a celebrity, company, charity etc., but then you get more into "@" replies and what not), like, "Run Forest Ruuun!! #ForestGump", or "Hey guys, this is a great charity!! For every member they feed a starving apple in Candyland!! #AnAppleaDay.org".

Now, if you clicked on "#hungry" you may see things like, "Damn, my stomach could compete with the growl of rolling thunder #hungry" or "I eat all the time. I'm never full!! Still #hungry" (often people would hashtag #stillhungry instead in that situation Tongue)

Also, when you click on/search hashtags you can see the related people so if a hashtag is #ZacharyLevi you can go to the actors Twitter page, "Zachary Levi"

SOOO that's my crash course in the [Twitter] hashtag Tongue It's funny... I don't even have a Twitter account, LOL I just know these things Wink

(1)Twitter
Its called a hashtag (#)
When you put a tweet like:
a. "I'm leaving with #flight1234 tonight"
Anyone who search for "flight1234" at the twitter search bar might just see you tweet

b. "Yay! I bought a new #iPhone4s today!"
Anyone who search for "iPhone4s" might see your tweet
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(2)Facebook
People got used to twitter and put them in facebook, nothing will happen if you search on the search bar "flight1234" though.

Testicle

Hello Kaleb,
Xiongie has given the right answer. In twitter if "#" is used before any word it will work as a search term. But in facebook it has no meaning.