This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I give my girlfriend my Facebook password?
11-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Should I give my girlfriend my Facebook password?
My girlfriend of one month thinks it's absolutely okay for her to know my password for my Facebook page. She said since we're "committed" that it shouldn't be a problem for me.

I don't know about this. Do couples give out each other passwords nowadays?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:45 PM

If you have nothing to hide, it should not be a problem. If you split later, you can change it.

Ads

Is she going to give you all her password too ?

dose she also want to look through your phone ? .......sounds a bit controlling to me

I never would, wouldn't be asking for hers either.

No, well none of my friends who are in relationships give their passwords, and i have never done that when i was in relationships. Seriously, everyone deserves privacy, and if she doesn't trust you then you need to tell her to grow up and stop acting like she's 12 (but in a nice way, because how i said it sounds mean)

If you have nothing to hide then give it to her.however I still think you should never share your password with anyone

theres no way in hell thau ur gonna do that bro. Its been just a month. If its a page then u can make her an adminstrator of the page. Well if its about your profile dont tell her d password. If she forces u then exchange passwords with her. If she refuses to give u then u too dont give yours. Listen to my words and u wont regret. I hope this wud be the best answer.

me and my bf do this not to check up on each other but so we can prank each other x its fun
so yes if you have nothing 2 hide"!! and be sure to have hers 2 !
( i think facebook can cause dumb problems if used in the wrong way)
this could also cause problems and arguments so think long and hard!

Hmmm....the fact that she feels she has to ask for it is worrisome. In a relationship, the first thing that holds you together is trust. If she wants a password to a site that you use to communicate with people, it means that she feels the need to see what you are saying in your hidden messages that the public isn't able to view.

This is the first sign of something that will just continue on and get worse. Eventually you will look around one day and see you have no female friends anymore as well, or many guy friends for that matter. You won't talk to your family as much, and most of your day will be scheduled around her schedule.

This is ultimately a sign that she feels she isn't worth much in a relationship, and a sign that she feels she isn't good enough to keep you around. This is something that you have to really talk to her about. She may say that you should if you have nothing to hide, but in my opinion, she shouldn't want it if she thought you had nothing to hide.

I would bring up the concerns to her, and explain the reason you are uncomfortable with it. If she gets really upset, then maybe she isn't in the place emotionally to be in a stable relationship. Both sides of a couple should be able to respect that the other doesn't like going through something.

certainly not! She's probably distrustful of you and that's why she wants to have it. Trust me that type is generally needy and constanlty suspicious of you. If she can't trust you and understand that you need your own space then she's probaby not mature enough to know what a committed relationship is in the first place. Couples do not give each other paswords let alone couples of one month!