This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is facebook ok for my 13 year old daughter?
11-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Is facebook ok for my 13 year old daughter?
I have a daughter, and she really wants a facebook. I want her to have one, but I want her to be safe. She is not the type of girl who will have "online boyfriends" or give away personal information. I also have a filtering system to see what she does online. So do you think I should give her a chance?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 01:32 AM

sure, no harm......besides, she might get real bored of facebook like I did.....

Ads

It should be ok since you watch her.

OK im 15..
and ive had one since i was 12 theres NO danger if shes friends with HER friends
and when i wont one so did my mom cuz she can see my stuff
but personaly i say start with myspace (facebook is more collage and getting back in touch wiyth frins from HS)

Definately it is one of the safer social community websites, I have done extensive research and you dont have tro give any info you dont want on it and youu can choose who views your page so it is really quite safe just talk to her and tell her some of the potential dangers of the internet and you should be fine!

I would not recommend it.
Both facebook and myspace are not only a waste of time, but they both put out your information on the internet.
Even if you dont fill out much of the info that the websites offer to let you fill in, you are still putting out enough info to let potentially dangerous people into your live and your daughters.
Putting your information on the internet is never safe.

as long as she keeps her profile private she,ll be grand....iv been on it since i was thirteen and have never had a problem the worst she will come across is the VERY occasional swear word

it'll be fine, give her a chance

yeah... it's private and MUCH safer than MySpace... It's a good way for her to become social and connect with friends!

Facebook is alot safer than say Myspace. Much better filtering options although Myspace is now incorporating alot of the options that Facebook has. Honestly though its more geared for older people getting reconnected than other social networks. I say give her a try with it, chances are she will get bored of it and move on to something else.