This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do teens control mainstream music?
11-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Why do teens control mainstream music?
Do you think these social networking sites that are such a huge part of our lives but are mostly inhabited and used most often by teens and tweens (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, maybe Myspace if anyone still uses it) creating the downfall of popular music? As long as we have these sites, will teens choose what is popular just by "tweeting" a song? This is how Justin Bieber, literally one of the biggest stars in the music industry right now whether we like it our not, got famous. How is it any different for anyone else?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2012, 08:59 AM

mtv

Ads

cuz they buy most of it

One Direction are bigger than Justin now.

It was happening before social networking sites came out. Just look at NME magazine...

cuz we actually buy it!

Because a lot of adults don't buy music from itunes, they buy the physical CDs. Young people are the ones who actually DOWNLOAD the music, and get it into the charts. And social networking spreads the word of new songs/artists quickly and efficiently. Once again, it is mainly teens who use social networking sites.

because of the advertising thats why their overrated most listen cause they think its popular and its what their friends are listening to cause its all these kids are being exposed to and they dont know any better

It's all about what the executives at the top of the industry, determined to be the most important age group and who in their opinion is supposed to be buying music. Their bean counters have the firm belief that the teenagers control the majority of all money, and determine who listens to what for the other age group demographics. At twenty five you're supposed to have started to have given up on music, and you aren't supposed to have any interest in music. At thirty one you are supposed to be either almost completely lost interest, or have lost interest in music, according to the analysts expert professional opinions. In short at thirty one you have in their qualified expert analysis entered into the final few years of your life and are of no substantial value and have only a very few short years of life, even if it means you will be looking at being alive another thirty five to fourty plus years.

I'm 15, and personally I think people my age follow the trend?
I mean if most girls weren't falling at the feet of Justin Bieber, he most definitely wouldn't be as big as he is now. I think what Bieber's done is clever, it's like he made My World, which was all cute, teen love songs, which made teens fall in love with him.
Now that he's older he's singing about intimate stuff, which I'm beginning to like haha Smile

But, most people who use twitter are teens right, we're the ones who spend the most money if you think about it on music.. Tongue
It's like singers use twitter as a way of advertising their albums, because the more followers they have, the more people will buy their songs.. so i think that teens do control mainstream music Smile