This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is this new phenomenon 'twitter'? Has it brought new richness and awareness to your life? Is it safe?
11-18-2012, 01:00 PM
What is this new phenomenon 'twitter'? Has it brought new richness and awareness to your life? Is it safe?
There is always something new to explore in the virtual world. Has it been worth the time spent for you?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 01:08 PM

Good questions!

The Phenomenon of Twitter:
Twitter is a very powerful and cheap way to reach a lot of people instantaneously and in several places. By "in several places," I meant that people can receive Twitter updates on their cell phones, email accounts (if you know how to set that up), and on the Twitter home page itself.

It does seem to be a fad, but this web app that started off as simply "microblogging" has turned out to have many applications, reaching from simple communication to controlling household devices to updating calendars to marketing and the list goes on. I think that Twitter could become as ubiquitous as email one day because it is highly mobile, highly simple, and thus highly adaptable.

Richness and Awareness:
I'm not sure exactly how you're defining "richness" and "awareness," but it has made staying in contact with lots of friends very easy. I have connected with people who retweet (it's like forwarding an email) useful web sites and information regularly, so it has given me a new way to find information.

Is Twitter Safe:
That depends solely on the user. Any web app--email, Facebook, MySpace--can be dangerous if a user gives out personal information

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply