This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WHY IS MY BOYFRIEND MEAN TO ME INFRONT OF HIS FRIENDS? Please help :(?
10-03-2012, 04:06 AM
WHY IS MY BOYFRIEND MEAN TO ME INFRONT OF HIS FRIENDS? Please help :(?
My boyfriend treats me like a princess when it's just me and him, he buys me things, tells me how much he loves me, acts all goofy and cute with me.. it's like we're not only boyfriend and girlfriend, it's like we're also best friends. I love him greatly..
But when he's infront of his friends, or mainly on social networking sites, he acts different from me, he kind of insults me, trys to make me seem stupid and shrugs off anything nice I say around him. If he's out with his friends he'll ignore me, and he'll pick up his friends habits too.
It seems like he thinks he's too 'cool' to be nice to be a gentleman infront of his friends.

** Once, his friend said "Guys who are soppy and cute on Facebook or Twitter make me sick"
So, I'm guessing it's his influence too.

Please help guys Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 04:14 AM

Dont worry us guys are like this and our friends influence us heaps ahahha dont take it serioulsy Big Grin he really loves you and maybe just ask him about it Big Grin dont take it personally good luckkk

Ads

HI well I am a woman and I would hate that too - imagine if you did that to him, he would feel emasculated, right? I think you should talk to him and ask him to either not talk about you, or only say anything good.

Some men are SO silly...

He thinks it makes him a big man in front of his friends but in reality it just makes him look like a jerk. The next time you are with ,big man, straighten his dumb @ss out or dump him. No one should be put down just to make some one else look big.

Maybe he thinks it's embarrassing to have you as his girlfriend... or maybe he just wants to act cool infront of his friends. I suggest, you do the same thing to him and look at his reaction.

He just doesn't want to get teased by his mates

Tell him in private that you don't like the way he is treating you in front of his friends and the next time he does it you are going to embarrass him in front of his friends. Tell him that you feel disrespected when he does that if he continues then get yourself a new boy friend.
If he is that easily influenced by them there is probably very little that they can't persuade him to do.

Dump his sorry ass, if he really loves you he wouldn't be mean to you in front of anyone. You deserve better.

Your boy is immature and insecure. He needs the approval of his friends to feel good about himself. He loves you, but he needs some time to grow up and realize that he is not defined by his peers.

He's just trying to show off in front of his friends... But i think he really likes you.. Anyway its always like that with guys they wanna act all tough and pretend that they don't even care about you in front of their friends.. Otherwise they start teasing him by saying he's a girl or something like that.. Don't worry about it but if it really annoys you then just tell him that you don't like it and he should sop!
Good luck!! Smile