This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need cost effective ways to bring traffic to my site. What really works.?
11-19-2012, 02:12 AM
I need cost effective ways to bring traffic to my site. What really works.?
Has anyone ever really been successful with an online store?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:20 AM

You could develop strategies through social networks such as facebook, myspace, orkut, netlog...to mention a few. This is the easiest way to get traffic. Besides that you could contact an internet marketing company, to develop a serious and effective campaign to reach more traffic.

Gene
http://www.ilikewebsites.com
We offer effective internet marketing solutions!

Ads

Google Adwords. Most online retailing is too competitive for SEO to be a viable option.

SEO is the way to go, but you must know what keywords to work on, some are just too competitive and will need a lot of time and money. Long-tail keywords is the way to go. You can find some ideas here: http://www.francoispainchaud.com

Cheers!

Try Google ad words. Then try promoting your site on various social networking sites and post your link on social bookmarking sites. Also create blogs and link them to your website/blog.

Hi friend..

Traffic is the number one must have resource for any website or online business.You've to understand and learn the best kept secret of traffic generating techniques online.And I'm going to reveal to you my secret.
Here you go..

#1 TWITTER Background Picture

I'm sure that you've heard of TWITTER and the potential it has
to drive traffic.However instead of suggesting you the old school method "provide value to your members" and some sort of useless stuff,I'm going to give you a brand new way to drive traffic.It's with your TWITTER profile background picture.Identify what's the ultimate benefits or FREE offers that you're offering at your website
and create a sample pic (with you website link) of the offer and set it as background picture.I've seen a massive traffic boost to my website.

You can check mine to model it:
http://twitter.com/ebizman87

#2 Unique Profile NAME at Social Networking Site

If you've heard of Joe Sugarman's tips on how to write advertising copy that really sell,he'd mention that the main purpose of you first sentence/headlines is to make someone read the 2nd sentence/sub-head. And the purpose of your 3rd sentence is to make sure
that someone read the 4th sentence.Let me explain why this is related to traffic generation technique. If you got a profile at social networking site such as FACEBOOK,YAHOO or MYSPACE,change your profile name to something unique or to your website link.
If you got a unique name chances are high that people will click on your profile and view it. They'll be curious and wonder why it's unique or weird!! and You'll get massive traffic boost.And don't forget that profile name with website links works
great too!!

You can check mine to model it:
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/my;_ylt=Ajly...Qt.;_ylv=3

#3 Traffic Exchange Technique

This technique is pretty powerful and boosted my web traffic a lot.
I'm sure that you've heard of traffic exchange program.It's a type of service that allows you to create ads and have it viewed by other members if you're willing to read their ads.
They'll do the same too.I found this extremely useful.Join 3 different traffic exchange programs.
This is what you should you.

Join program A and creates ads that Promotes Program B
Join program B and creates ads that Promotes Program C
Join program C and creates ads that Promotes Program A

If you've noticed it.All you got to do is to promote Program A only.Automatically it'll promote other programs and generate traffic to your websites because of the ads that you've created.

If you're still blank and confused on this technique you can check a review site ofsome of the good traffic exchange programs that I've created.
http://www.squidoo.com/howtoadvertisemywebpage

#4 Forum Marketing + Digg.com

I'm sure that you've heard of forum marketing.Forum is a message board where members
from around the world join,gather and share ideas as well as discuss problems with each other regarding a particular niche market.If you become a member of a forum, you'll be able to create a signature line.
You can put your website's link under your signature file.Whenever you post or write something at the forum,automatically your signature line will appear below your post.If other members like your post,they'll
likely to click on you sig line and EUREKA "you've just got a visitor to your website". That's not all.If you've contributed something at the FORUM,use Digg.com to submit your link.Digg.com is a place where great links or websites are posted by people around the world.
So when you submit your own forum post at DIGG.COM, chances are high for people to view
and click your sig line.

Get started here:
http://www.warriorforum.com
http://www.digg.com

#5 Controversies + Yahoo Groups

I've personally used this technique to get more than 1,000 visitors to my brand new blog in 5 days.This is what I did.I started a brand new blog to start my Internet marketing career 2 years ago.
So I choose the most controversial topic that has been rocking my country. Then I wite some personal opinion regarding that issue on my blog. Then I went to Yahoo Groups and joined the most relevant groups that's related to the issue and submitted the exact content that I wrote
at my blog with it's website link.Instantly the traffic started to flood in!!

I've explained more on this technique in an article here:
http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=1577843

#6 Viral Pictures

Viral is closely connected with something that may spread easily.So i suggest you to create a viral picture which is closely connected with your products and spread it. Everyone likes funny pictures and they don't mind sharing it with others.It's viral.So, If you're selling a health product, then you may create a funny picture about it and put your website's name on it. Whether it's a 12 years old kid or 21 years old adult.They would just love and share it w

#7 Yahoo Answers

I probably won't be answering your question if i don't know the answer. And i won't suggest you any website links if i think that it's not going to help you.
So simply answer any questions that you're knowleadgeable(your niche market) at and put a link to your websites as extra source for others.
If your answer is good and solved the questions, people would also expect for more tips and suggestion from you.If you suggested any website links, there are high chances for anyone to visit it.

#8 Viral Videos

Videos are the most famous entertainment on the Internet.People would just love it due to it's effectivenes in spreading the message. So i suggest you to create viral videos about your product and again put your link in it.
If you got 3 minutes video, then make sure your website's link is visible throughout the whole 3 minutes.If you don't have the neccessary tools to create a video, then you can simply collect 5-10 viral pictures and then convert it into video using Windows Movie Maker.
Then just upload it to You Tube or Google Videos. Now using bluetooth everyone is exchanging videos from their mobiles or computers. If your video is viral enough to attract others, it will easily spread to others.
Here's another tip.Make you videos and teasing as possible so that it'll create great curiosity
to the viewers.It'll trigger them to visit your website links that you show at the end of the videos

Get started here:
http://youtube.com

These are my traffic generating techniques that I've learned,tested and benefited greatly.
Good luck!!

SEO with advertising will help a website getting good traffic. Check the website.I have put on the resource box which provides worldwide advertising.

It is the hardest thing to do online.

The most effective way to advertise on the Internet is
to first set up a website and publish its domain name
on major search directories such as Google.com,
Yahoo.com [at http://www.google.com/addurl/?...... and
MSN.com since 85% of Internet shoppers rely on these
search directories to provide them with goods and
services. In a sense, these search directories are a
very large Internet Yellow Pages.

Nevertheless, should your website or opening webpage
fail to contain "generic" keywords, then anyone using
such "generic" queries will not be able to discover
your website. Your domain name [URL] of your website,
in a sense, will be invisible, undiscoverable.

A non-Flash-based website which relies on hard text,
is far easier to be indexed by search robots. Limit
the use of stylized text saved as .gifs since as a
graphic, they are not indexable by search robots.

Avoid use of frames since any number of search robots
are unable to properly classify textual material.

Placement of Metatags:

A ranking or search order does take place with Google
and Yahoo and it begins with the "Title" metag which
should consist of no more than 65 characters separated
by commas. The "Title" should describe in generic
terms, the goods and services, followed by a location
from which the resource is located, i.e., city, state.
The placement of a domain name which is not generic
within the "Title" is not appropriate, unless your
domain name is a major recognizable brand name.

The second metatag is the "Description" which is
usually 25-30 words to form a complete sentence which
best describes one's goods and services.

And the very last category - "Keywords" are also
somewhat limited to 15-16 words which can be plural
and compound in nature. Again, avoid multiple entries
which could be mistaken as "spamdexed entries" which
is defined as the loading, and submission of
repetitive words into a particular metatag category.
"Spamdexing" when discovered on a webpage and reported
to Google's spamreport.com can result in the
elimination of your website from their search
directory.

Good luck!

There is a website that you can go to that is supposed to show you some trick to get unlimited free adwords ads on google. The site is http://tinyurl.com/free-google-adwords-ads