This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I claim copyright/compensation if an image of mine has gone viral?
11-19-2012, 02:22 AM
Can I claim copyright/compensation if an image of mine has gone viral?
I posted an image to a follower on twitter in October and on the 30th of April the image went viral - used on Buzzfeed, Reddit and Yahoo each with a little article about the photo. Do i have rights as i have not given any permission for the image to be used. And if i do, how can i claim anything? Or how can i get credit for the photo myself?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:30 AM

Facebook and Twitter users beware. This is why you shouldn't be using Twitter or Facebook.

Ads

copywright is tricky. any thing you produce is protected under the act however the issue is you have to have good solid proof that you produced the image.

Copyright protection only exists if you attach a proper copyright notice to each copy. If you did not do that, you are out of luck.

Prove it's yours, then track down each user and issue a cease and desist order, followed by a lawsuit if they refuse to take the photos down.

It'll probably cost you just a few hundred dollars to send the letter to each user. If they take down the photos, you will have no cause for a suit.

Is it the one where you are pressing your breasts together and trying to lick your nipples? That one is SO HOT!!

Do you hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend on lawers to get just a couple of those images down from just a few websites?

You can claim all you want, but you wont get anything you cant turn off the internet, since your pic is not in a single website but probably dozens if not hundreds.