This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does it mean if on miumeet that my ip address has been recorded?
11-19-2012, 02:35 AM
What does it mean if on miumeet that my ip address has been recorded?
I logged on and it said that my profile was deleted and my ip address was recorded and the local authorities were contacted? Please help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:43 AM

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! lol

This depends on what you've done. Did you do something that was against their TOS? Are you of legal age to be on the site? Where you being out of line with someone way older or younger than you?

I've never used this site but Googled it and found that it's a dating site. Not sure any other reason that they'd contact the authorities. If you broke a small rule, they may just delete your account.

Ads

11-19-2012, 02:43 AM

Sounds kinda like a prank. Dating sites typically don't "contact local authorities". Even if they do, they wouldn't tell you since that would be giving you time to run.
It's most likely a joke or a prank. Websites record IP addresses anyway which is why if you plan to do illegal stuff, you should use a VPN. Most likely, you're fine as far as the law. However; you could have been hacked...which is not good. In that case, change the passwords for every account you have (email, facebook, myspace, twitter...etc) Also, download this:
http://www.howtogeek.com/101837/malwareb...echnology/
and scan your computer for viruses and other malware.