This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need help on how to deal with my insecurties and his ex's?
12-04-2012, 04:19 PM
I need help on how to deal with my insecurties and his ex's?
Hello everyone!

I have been with my boyfriend for 6 years and are planning on getting married and only now have I become insecure about my boyfriend’s past!

I only found out now that he dated a girl before us for about a month and had been checking her Facebook lately. I know that he had dated another girl for about 1 year before us, didn’t know about this one. BTW He is my first.

I feel VERY insecure. I have no idea why! He never talks to her. They have no contact that I know of. I feel like she is pretty, she is in the same professional field as him (so they can meet up in the future), she looks like a very nice person.

I feel dumb! I need help on how to get over this. I have talked to him about this and he says he loves me very much and would NEVER go back to her ever. But why would he look at her Facebook a number of times if he doesn’t care about her? Does he secretly still have feeling for her but is scared to take it forward? I asked him this and he called me crazy lol And I feel crazy. How do I make this go away? Ugh I feel like a monster

I am a mess! help before I ruin our relationship please!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 04:27 PM

Stop checking out what he's doing on Facebook - it'll only cause you heartache. So, here's the deal. Whenever any of us dates anyone - we have a leftover "love" for that person. Even though we are no longer "in love" with that person - we are curious as to what that person is up to. I'll check my ex-husband's fb page every once in a while just to see what he's up to. We've been divorced for 2.5 years and I'm with a man who I love more than I have ever loved in my life. It's a human curiosity thing and nothing more. On the flip side of the coin, there are men and women who use facebook to meet up with old flames and cheat on their current lovers. You already know in your heart which one your guy is. So, if you are that insecure, then you need to stop paying attention to what FB pages he visits and ignore it all together.

Ads

Your b/f is entitled to his private thoughts, stop spying on him. And for pete's sake, he was with her for a MONTH?

Your insecure because he checked on her on facebook. He's the one that is wrong. Ask him why he checked on her? You should be insecure if she is on his mind enough for him to try and check her out