This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i want to convert to Islam but im scared to tell my parents?
12-06-2012, 03:00 AM
i want to convert to Islam but im scared to tell my parents?
Hi all,

Well I'm a young 18 year old women who is currently catholic.Well at the moment i don't personally believe that is my true religion. I believe in one god and that god was the person who created the earth for everyone. He is the true creator and that heaven is real. Sometimes wonder if i'm doing the right thing. My parents don't believe in the muslim religion. They judge the religion to quickly, there is nothing wrong with them. I personally hate it, it really upsets me when they do this. But to add to this issue, well i currently really like someone who is muslim. My parents won't accept him and i know that. I am want to convert but there is so many issues. For an example will his family accept me as a western person, is he going against his religion, will my family except him, what will happen in the future. At the moment there are more negative issues rather then positive issues. I have a gut feeling that we are not meant to be together. At the moment i feel like telling him that we shouldnt be together. But the fact is that i have already given him a second chance. Last night he broke me into a million pieces. We pretty much broke up over facebook which was hard. At the moment i am not willing to give out my heart to anyone. As he says he doesnt want to loose me. What am i doing? Should i be with him? What will my parents say? Am i doing the right thing? There are too many question to be answered. I would never be allowed to date him because its against the religion to go out together. All i can say is can someone help me :/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2012, 03:08 AM

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...936AAmYuvl

Ads

God isn't real don't worry dear.

Don't convert because of your boyfriend.
But if your doing it of your own choice then just tell them. Any parent who disowns their child is a bad parent.

Well, I would feel sorry for you but you're willfully ignorant. So, I'm just going to laugh at you, instead.

You shouldn't convert for someone else, and even if you are in denial about it now, you are converting just to be with someone. Muslims can marry Christians but you obviously aren't either one since you seem confused. You should be alone for a while and consider if you would convert for yourself.

I suggest you go and speak to a sheikh. If you don't know what that is here's what is means.

A sheikh is like a priest or a bob.

I wish you good lock, and I hope you convert to a Muslim Smile

Man o man ur parents..... i wish i could be there to see they face wen u tell em. well no they wont accept it at first if at all. yes christians are usually very judgemental of other religions and very quickly. And yea his parents as muslims will probably be just as judgemental considering both religions dont condone interracial or interreligious relation....i think #nonbiasedwordsofanatheist

Do what you want, I hate catholics.. they are very racist, unrespecting, mean, harsh, and a lot of other dirty words that I do not want to say. They exploit people for profit using Gods name in vain. Good luck! The islamic faith is a hard one to believe in, but very powerful once you know why you're doing everything they do.

These are your decsions and you have to make them with your own moral compass. If you do not believe you are Catholic anymore then your parents cannot tell you otherwise. HOWEVER if you still rely on your parents for financial support you might want to be warry. They are still your parents, and they support you....but something like this can easily cause enough tension that it can ruin a relationship for decades. I personally wouldnt lie about this, but make sure that you are definettly 100% sure that you believe in Islam. Even then I wouldmake sure to brake it to them gradually.