This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HELP! mom wont let me add boys on fb?
12-08-2012, 12:47 AM
HELP! mom wont let me add boys on fb?
Im a 14 year old girl and for some reason my mom said im not allowed to add boys on facebook . im not even going to message them or Anything i just want more fb friends and i want to stay in touch with my friends who are boys . i dont see whats wrong with that... so my question is how can i persuade my mom to let me add boys on fb or at least find a compromise?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 12:55 AM

If your mom says you can't then you should listen to her because she is your parent.

Ads

Your mom acts like you're 10 or something. I understand why she would be so protective. But that's a bit too far. Just stand up for yourself, or prove that you won't get into all of those relationship stuff right now.

tell your mom that if you need to do a project or ask homework, you can easily contact them instead of waste money calling them

Maybe if she knew who the boy(s) was/were, she would be more inclined to allow you to add them. If you're adding random strangers to your facebook they have all sorts of access to your information that could potentially be dangerous. There are loads of bad people out there, and she's probably just trying to keep you safe. So, let her meet your guys friends and then ask if you can add them to facebook Smile

Have Guido come over and talk to your mom. Guido talks to people and then they do anything he says. Guido is very large and mean.
~

Is it her religion that causes her to be so distant from men?

There's something you aren't telling us.

Although generally you should listen to your parents, she is being slightly over-protective in this case. ask her why she won't let you add boys. Tell her that basically everyone has friends of both genders on Facebook, and nothing bad happens. Tell her that you want to keep in touch with friends, and Facebook allows you to easily contact them without having to pay like with phones.

If they're nice people, show them their profile and tell her more about them. If she gets to know them better, chances are that she'll let you add them. Maybe introduce them to her, or if possible, let her meet their parents.

You could also say that they're really smart and can help you with homework, even though it may not be true. You could also say they introduced you around the school and helped you make friends.

Just tell her that add friend on facebook doesn't result in anything bad. But if you add friend, how can she know?

Show her that you are strong and enough mature to take care of yourself and no one can cheat and harm you.Dear! she is your mother and just thinks right for you.she doesn't want you to be hurt or used by anyone.Don't do any thing wrong and don't take foul advantage if she allows you to be free