This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how long before you ask a girl out?
12-08-2012, 03:25 PM
how long before you ask a girl out?
so i casually invited this guy i like to an event to start the ball rolling. i texted him when we parted and he replied and said "see you soon" but im like, "when is soon"?

my friends say that that's already "asking him out" (i think so too actually), but i don't know if he got the hint. didn't really flirt w/ him as i don't want him to think that im desperate cuz that would be shit.

he's doing engineering so i don't know if he understands anything that's not too rational.. like love signs perhaps lol.

my guy friends told me that if they were him and if they're really interested, they would text me right away the next day or something. i guess that's true from my past experience. they'd never stop contacting me until i "hangout" with them again.

he's not my usual type but i think i like him and i want to get to know him better that's all.

he started appearing on my top friends set on my facebook timeline, though he never ever commented/liked anything i posted. im hinting he's viewing my profile now and then though?

what do you think? could it be that he's interested but not ready to pursue me yet or maybe he's just busy at the moment? it has been a week now. will he ever get in touch again?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 03:33 PM

In college, as an engineering student, I had these two girls specifically always inviting me over for dinner where they cooked for me, and I had others inviting me to study with them. I never thought of it as a date or them "asking" me out, especially since the one who invited me to dinner already had a boyfriend in a long distance relationship.

I think you need to give him more hints. I think that he thinks you are inviting him as a friend.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply