This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I prevent people from seeing comments I make on other people's facebook profiles?
12-14-2012, 12:29 PM
How can I prevent people from seeing comments I make on other people's facebook profiles?
This seems to be a new development in Facebook's antics. Let's say that I have Jack and Jill as friends. Jack does not know Jill, and they are not each other's "friends" on facebook. Let's say Jack posts a status about a football game, and I make a comment on it. Then, two minutes later, Jill clicks the comment I made as a comment she "likes". How can Jill see the comment I made on someone's wall who isn't even a friend of hers?

Now, you might say, why do you care what Jill sees? Are you keeping secrets from her that only you and Jack know about? Perhaps; what if I want to buy Jill a birthday present and I ask Jack if she would like a new pair of sunglasses? Yes, I know I could PM Jack about it, but is there a way to make comments I make on other's walls private except to people THEY are friends with?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2012, 12:37 PM

if you don't want people to see your comments: don't make comments.

Ads

the first comment is right. Thats why FB and twitter called social networking. if you have something to say IM/PM her/him. just my 2 cents.

Wall comments are public, but Facebook allows you to send private messages.

Instead of posting on their wall, the left column of their profile has a place for you to "send message". This will go into their inbox, they will even get it in their email account (unless they have specifically requested no emails for that), and they will have a notification that you sent them a message. They will be able to read your message, but it is private: nobody else can see it.