This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
On Facebook, what does it mean when you "poke" someone?
12-14-2012, 07:20 PM
On Facebook, what does it mean when you "poke" someone?
On facebook, I have two friends that poked me! What does it mean? I asked one of my friends and she said she doesn't know! Is it mean? Tell me, so I can poke her back Smile
If its mean, then I won't poke her back!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2012, 07:28 PM

*Imagine you poked someone IRL. That's all it is, just like a "Hey! /smile

Ads

I've heard it means different things, that it could be a dirty thing, but also just joking around poking friends like you could do in real life. Either way, it's not mean. You can poke her back.

its just a way to say i miss you...we indulge in poke wars in a friendly way and really their is nothing mean about it...Its just one of those things which breaks the ice between people and makes you approachable Smile

it doesn't mean anything just want to speak anything

poke in facebook represent notification in facebook and its just for fun game like push something then you push against.
Facebook as a way that my friends are saying, "Hello, I am thinking about you and I miss you."
After you receive a poke, you then have the option of poking back. This could be translated as a way of saying, "Thanks for thinking of me. I feel the same way."

its just fun lol(: u can start a "poke war" by poking a person bak and forth its dumb but fun lolz..! it doesnt say "poke war" anywhere its just what ppl call it