This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Teens do they still use textbooks in school?
01-16-2013, 09:39 AM
Teens do they still use textbooks in school?
with all this new technology like Ipads and stuff you would think textbooks would be out of style

AM I RIGHT?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 09:46 AM

Fucking text books just taking up space in our lockers

Ads

01-16-2013, 09:54 AM

At my school, they give you text books to use at your house at the beginning of the year & we have class textbooks in some classes, but I think we've only used them like twice
01-16-2013, 09:54 AM

I think textbooks are way more productive than ipads or any other use of technology; for a number of reasons.
01-16-2013, 10:04 AM

We have textbooks but we hardly use them. The only subjects I use textbooks regularly in are business and history. But even then we use the laptops (our school gives us laptops) in almost every lesson. Bit even then our teacher does must of the teaching. What usually happens in all my classes is that the teacher would tell us to read this part from the textbook or give us a handout to read but then he would always explain it himself afterwards.
01-16-2013, 10:07 AM

At the highschool I'm going to attend, we use iPads instead of pens to write. We can also use them to access our textbooks online. So no, we don't really use textbooks, which is a wonderful thing! Smile
01-16-2013, 10:14 AM

Well, schools are moving towards technology more and more these days. We still use textbooks in school considering not everyone has an iPad or some other device where they can access them. But certain textbooks are available online, so I don't have to carry them home.
01-16-2013, 10:23 AM

You rarely get a textbook at my school because we don't use them a lot and we try to be eco-friendly and stuff. c: Most of the time, we just copy down the lesson and are given hand outs as necessary. Every teacher has a website and departments have their own website too (ex. science, english, family studies, etc) and often notes, assignments, powerpoints, practise problems and such are posted on there along with daily homework and upcoming due dates.

Yeah, like you said, textbooks are going out of style and my school's definitely in trend of moving everything to electronics. There are facebook groups for nearly every class so peers can help each other out, for clubs to remind members, etc. Most projects are sent via e-mail.

Some English classes give out kobos instead of actual novels. My English teacher wanted my class to all make Twitter accounts to follow her Twitter... she thought that asking a question on Twitter would be better... >__________>
01-16-2013, 10:27 AM

At my school, studying the IB program, we use a combination of textbooks and technology.
01-16-2013, 10:36 AM

I remember using chalkboards and getting whipped by my teachers.
I am a 72 year old woman, young sunny.
This new technology junk is useless for your teener brain.
Now, do an old lady a favor and massage my aching bunyans, would ya?