This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long do I have to send a confirmation text to Twitter?
10-11-2012, 04:37 PM
How long do I have to send a confirmation text to Twitter?
I want to set up a twitter, but I won't have the phone I want to use to hand until wednesday late evening. How long do I have to text the confirmation code before it's void?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 04:45 PM

You can set up a Twitter account and use it for as long as you like, but you don't have to text a conformation code, you can just Tweet via the website or applications such as TweetDeck or Twhirl.

There is no set time period for having to text the code, you can do it whenever you want, I've been on Twitter for a few months and I've only just text the conformation code because I want to tweet via text instead of just from my computer.

By the way, texting Twitter via your phone costs you the same amount as a standard text message would.

Ads

10-11-2012, 04:45 PM

I've been on Twitter since January and to this date have never used my cell phone in conjunction with this social network application even though I have reached the top one percentile of ranking according to Twitter Grader.

My own personal way of tweeting is via TweetDeck.

However, should I choose to change this process here is what I would do.

1. Logon to my Twitter account.
2. Select settings off the top tool bar on my account
NOTE: I do not need to be in my profile view to see this navigation tool bar.
3. Choose the "DEVICES" option
4. Entry my desired contact number and verify

HOT TIP:
While researching information for this answer I also clicked on "CONNECTIONS" and found a list of very nice tools to consider using with Twitter. I'm already using 75% of them, but it's a great resource to check in with on a regular basis.

Hope that helps

The Body By Chocolate Man
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/BodyByChocolate