This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think of Dr Louis Michael Seidman's apology for out Constitution?
01-21-2013, 02:44 AM
What do you think of Dr Louis Michael Seidman's apology for out Constitution?
Professor of Constitutional Law at Georgetown University - argues that the Constitution should be abandoned.

Seidman begins by blaming the current governmental crisis, incredibly, on "obedience to the Constitution," which he describes as containing "archaic, idiosyncratic and downright evil provisions."

But don't worry, says Seidman, you can have your Constitution and eat it too, "We should continue to follow those requirements" -- he is referring to principles like freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and the rule of law -- "out of respect, not obligation."

He states his motives with perfect clarity in his concluding paragraph, "[P]erhaps the dream of a country ruled by "We the people" is impossibly utopian."

Obviously, if men cannot rule themselves then they must be ruled by others -- by an unlimited government. How does Seidman hope to reach this destination? Via the false promise of unlimited democracy: "[B]efore abandoning our heritage of self-government, we ought to try extricating ourselves from constitutional bondage so that we can give real freedom a chance."

The alternative is simple: constitutionally limited government (which Seidman describes as "constitutional bondage") or tyranny. Professor Seidman prefers the latter -- and so do the editors of the New York Times.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/01/a...z2H9bjw5Ef
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2013, 02:52 AM

The traitor should be thrown out of the country.

Ads

He's right, we need fewer rights in this country

The constitution is a doc written by old racist white men, need i remind you. it is irrelevant

I saw him on Fox News goin on about why the Constitution needs to end. Its exactly the same argument that Liberals use against Capitalism.

Why am I not surprised by that?

That shows what liberal fools are teaching in our universities.

The turd must have been Obama's professor. He needs an atomic wedgie and deserves death by bunga bunga.

This is what we call a full blown marxest liberal. I think he is the one who should be put in a work camp and have every thing he owns taken from him and made to work as a govenerment slave.

How, pray tell, in the name of GOD, sdoes a person with those views get not just hired, but promoted to teach our young people about the constitution?

This is DISGUSTING!

And correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Georgetown a Jesuit Catholic University? Same place where the fluke of nature wanted free B/C pills? Why in the H. E. Double Hockey Sticks is a Charlatan like that still drawing a paycheck? And Please don't say "tenure" because THIS is something that should have been evident in the INTERVIEW!

When this country finally slips into total tyranny, we have no-one but ourselves to blame, for not raising Holy hell about a guy like that a long time ago. but we let a little of this slide, and a little of that slide and a little of the other thing slide, and pretty soon, we have slid right into the toilet!

SICKENING

Rantings of a idiot .