This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would it be a bad idea to message Manager on Facebook?
01-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Would it be a bad idea to message Manager on Facebook?
I've been searching for my first job and ended up applying to McDonald's, problem is, they NEVER answer their phone ! I've been calling for a couple of weeks now, and they've only answered once, and when they did, the manager wasn't there. I actually found the managers Facebook, and I was wondering would it be a badd idea to message him inquiring about the job ? is that unprofessional? what other ways could i get in contact?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2013, 10:43 AM

Not a good idea. You need to go in and speak to someone and leave your resume. Facebook is a social networking site and he won't appreciate that you have been creeping on his page. It's lazy too.

Ads

This is a bad idea, do not message them on Facebook.
The reason is facebook is private, it would be like calling the manager on his/her personal phone. The best thing to do is find out macdonalds customer service/headoffice and ask them.

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/about-us/cont...t-form.mcd

GO TO THE PLACE, IN PERSON.... smh sawry but i got to emphasize how bad it is to inquire about a job through all this electronic B.S. people dont realize that face to face contact is much more influential and it is much harder to get a lie from someone face to face because if you can spot the signs than they cant lie to plus in a place of business it is unprofessional to do so. also i worked at mcdonalds here in California and it is very busy, all the time. idk if you live in boheim, NJ but it seems like you dont so get off your fanny and go in there and bug them (in a good way)

plus you are not going to get the first job you apply for unless you know the owner..... smh put out more applications esp in this job market

No definitely don't do that! Would make you seem unprofessional!
The best thing to do is to either; go in and ask to speak to the manager. If they say that they're not there than ask when they will be and go back whenever they say and keep doing that until you get the opportunity to talk to the manager (or at least someone who would be able to help you out!)
Or ring up again, and if they don't answer, keep ringing. Being persistent really pays off!