This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Young Girls:Friend drama. Answer please!!?
10-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Young Girls:Friend drama. Answer please!!?
Hi! Hope you have an enchanting new year.

Now, first off. I'm 11, and I have a cousin named Taylor whose 10. Me and her were best friends from 2009 to around June 2010. We talked everyday and fell asleep on the phones with each other. Now, I'm more mature then the next part of the story... We have the stupidest fight cause she started picking on a celebrity I liked. She called him gay, ugly ect. So I got very mad and it started a whole 6 month fight. So, early 2011 we were video chatting and she was talking about boys and how she wants a boyfriend, and I said some horrible things. I said "Oh, you want to be some kind of hussy dating a 10. whats your problem" and so on. We got into into a HUGE fight and said some HORRIBLE things to one another. She called me stupid and pathetic but I also said horrible things to her. Anyway, we didn't talk for about 8 to 10 months. Then, she started making fun of me to her friends, and posting mean things about me on Twitter. I got so upset, her mother didn't take it seriously, she didn't take it seriously. Then she tweeted "I'm sorry. I want to be your friend but I just keep replaying the things you said in my mind and it hurts." After that I felt guilty. And we became friends... But now it seems everything she does gets me upset. (She had that effect before, but I loved her so it didn't matter). She makes fun of everything I like, she doesn't speak what I call her. She has this deep manly voice that makes my stomach turn. She hunches over all the time. She disrespects everyone. Shes just cruel. I really want that special friendship we had before, but I don't know what happened. What can I do???? Help please!

Enjoy 2012!
Hi! Thank you for all the wonderful answers!!!!

It really is helping me figure out things... but, to the girl who said dont worry about a celebrity or whatever.. I did meet him Big Grin. But anyway, Great advice. Somethings were harsh. But thank you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 11:57 PM

First off: It's not worth getting mad over a celebrity... face it, you'll never get him. Not to be rude, but, fighting over things that ridiculous isn't worth it.
Second: If she posted those things - remember, they're on the internet and you can't take what was said back.
Third: If she's still treating you and EVERYONE like crap, then she's not a real friend.

You can do so much better, drama is stupid, trust me. In middle school, people confront you and try to act ghetto, yell at you, and tell lies about you. It'll only get worse, move on, and if she ever was REALLY your friend, she'll change back.
OR, you could talk to her - alone - about it. Try to explain your feelings. It always helps a little with compliments thrown in here and there... tell her that what she's doing isn't only hurting you, it's hurting her reputation and you dislike seeing that happen.
Hope this helped!

Ads

you should talk to her. bottling all this frustration and anger at her inside you is not good for your cousin-friendship. and also, you should tell her that if she wants to be friends again like before,she needs to be willing to compromise. she cant expect you to say sorry for something she triggered and then do that all over again. yes, friendship is important, but so is your self respect. you need to understand that if she is going to act like this and not even try to be nicer, then maybe you should just cherish the relationship you had before, but not try to relive it with her. and besides, you're 11, and yes, i know you said that you're more mature, but still. You should enjoy your childhood while you have it. just calm down on the drama and just avoid things that make you mad. hope this advice helps--if i sound harsh, im sorry, but im just trying to give you good advice.

Your cousin does not seem like the type of person you would want to hang out with. Although I know you feel bad, the only thing you can really do is apologize. Let her know you are really sorry and that you did not mean what you said (even if you meant it at the time). Once she accepts it, you should then inform her that you do not wish to hang out with her anymore because you feel bad about what you said. Doing this will make her feel better and will get you off the hook for hanging out with her. Hope this helped. Have an enchanting new year.
Love, Jack Tang

Your cousin does not seem like the type of person you would want to hang out with. Although I know you feel bad, the only thing you can really do is apologize. Let her know you are really sorry and that you did not mean what you said (even if you meant it at the time). Once she accepts it, you should then inform her that you do not wish to hang out with her anymore because you feel bad about what you said. Doing this will make her feel better and will get you off the hook for hanging out with her. Hope this helped. Have an enchanting new year.
Love, BlumpkinBob

First of all you should really talk to her face to face because posting stuff like that on the internet can hurt your reputation. Second off she is you cousin so you can't exactly just forget about her but if she bugs you that much I'd just try to find new friends. Just try not to be mean about it because you don't want another long fight.

Hope this helped Smile