This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
should i market now or wait until the site is live and functioning?
02-14-2013, 02:56 AM
should i market now or wait until the site is live and functioning?
early february I plan to launch my home fragrance and air solutions website. I know that one of the hardest things to do with new websites is to get traffic.So I have been mulling over things to draw traffic to it. I will do a blog, make a facebook,twitter,instagram page and i will tell people on my personal pages about my business

should i start these social pages now and continuously let them know of my grand opening date. or should i just wait until my site is live before i start to get the website in potential customer's minds?

any other marketing ideas are welcome.
I know about SEO so there is no need to explain to me the basics about it
thanks twilight! that was a very complete and helpful answer. I wish more people answered questions that way on here
i never said i would link to the site. just talk about it

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2013, 03:04 AM

Start the pages now and make sure to add a "coming soon!" to each of them. Building hype is important as well as making sure that your SEO company is good.

You can also start building links for SEO purposes now rather than waiting till it is live, just note that the site is coming soon.

The blog will be key, I would recommend asking your SEO company to provide you a list of keywords to target, and you can start creating those posts now so that when your website launches you will be starting with plenty of content which is key.

I wish you the best of luck!

Ads

You could start general discussions on things like a business facebook page, but I would not link to an "Under construction" site.

Seems like you would just dedicate all your effort to get the site started faster, or adding more related articles to act as search bait.

I will avoid creating back links. Because if the spiders get to your site they will find nothing(empty pages) it will be a bad start, remember that the first impression have to be the best.

Sounds like your off to a good start and got some good advice so far. One thing I would recommend until your SEO is effectively running is to run a Pay-Per-Click campaign. You can launch a campaign immediately after your web site is complete and start getting immediate traffic to your site

There's nothing worse then a "coming soon" page, in my professional opinion. A user expects a certain bit of content, or at least something relevant, and then they get to a mostly blank page and see, "Gotcha! Nothing worth spending your time on here."

That being said, there's no problem with building out a useful site with great content about the products you are going to sell - reviews, videos, articles, etc. You can include a note mentioning that you're not selling that product yet, and maybe even a date when you will, but in the meantime your site is providing valuable information to your visitors.

If you're not willing or able to make the site useful to your visitors, leave it down until you have the time.

I agree. Build hype. I love hype. It always works on me.

Try doing what you currently are. Social media like instagram and facebook grows over time so keep doing and building site along the way.
Hal Smith
URLdreamer Consultant

SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is really good to have a common practices doing this for your domains but there are softwares used by marketers to rank their domains in google, yahoo, bing and more!