This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you get quality traffic to an e-commerce site?
02-17-2013, 04:00 AM
How do you get quality traffic to an e-commerce site?
I currently run my own on-line clothing company http://www.districtroots.com/ its taken a good few month to build up a good base of customers but how do we get more?
Social media done
SEO done
Press releases done
Competitions and giveaways done
Whats next?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2013, 04:08 AM

There are many more things apart this like for link building you can do directory submission, target the right keywords, search engine submission, article submission, regular on social media or social bookmarking, participation in forums, blog commenting and more.

Ads

Article Marketing, Squidoo lenses, Forums Quality back links etc. etc. Your ranking on Google is what is holding you back. Currently ranked 135

Contact me if you would like me to elaborate/Help. I am based in the UK

http://bestacousticguitarforbeginners.com/contact-us/

Just drop me a line on the contact page above and I'll be pleased to phone or Email you with more

Rick

When you say "SEO done" - are you position 1 for EVERY keyword relevant to your business, products and services?

When you say "press releases done" - I have never heard of you, so definitely more scope there! (Please don't take offence from that!)

When you say "social media done" - I hope you mean you have over 1 million followers on twitter and 1 million likes on Facebook?

It sounds like you have a good strategy - but just o more of what works, and use google analytics to discover that!

Very much along the lines of Marks answer - most of the things you have mentioned are marketing and marketing is never 'done'. You wouldn't see Coca Cola say "TV Advertising - done", now what shall we do?

Apart from changing the status of each on your list to "ongoing" also think about taking your clothes to market as well as trying to bring the market to you. So, for example, are you on Google Shopping, Thefind, ebay, Amazon, etc, etc.

For more traffic you have to continue SEO for your site. There are many way to do this. Contact with a seo expert.

Hi,

I must say you have really good website. In order to increase leads for your ecommerce website, first you need to increase its traffic. You need to use mix of different marketing techniques so as to attract more users for your store. I have found one great post which gives really useful marketing ideas for improving your ecommerce site traffic. Take a look:

http://www.itbd.net/learning/seo/online-...e-website/

Hi there

To drive more traffic to your clothing website you can also try the following methods:

- PPC (like google adwords, but there are lots of other PPC services) - paid traffic
- Video Marketing (especially via YouTube)
- here at Yahoo! Answers
- submit articles about your forum
- Squidoo and Hubpages
- Blog commenting
- Craigslist
- email marketing
- Ad Swaps / Solo Ads - paid traffic

To get to more customers one of things you can do is PPC, now that you've taken all other steps and set yourself up you can look towards it. It can become costly very quickly but since you've been through SEO and everything else (which will pay off in the long run over time) this seems the next logical step.

Other than that you can start targeting specific audiences which can be local or specific to your services. With social media you can now try to gather referrals and ask your followers to spread your word out to more people. You can also look into infographic submissions and make good use of them.

Also you need to keep updating your content intelligently, adding new unique and interesting content to your site filled with keywords (the right density). This will let keep your SEO in motion and this is the best way to go for the future. With this all you need to do is wait for your rank to increase and your reputation to rise through the competition. Keep an eye on your competitors and the keywords they use as well and adapt accordingly. For all this you can also take advantage of any good affordable package by a SEO company with good number of regular clients.

Hal Smith
URLdreamer Consultant

First of all, you really shouldn't consider any of those tasks as "done". All of those things should be ongoing, and you should always be looking for ways to make your site(s) better. Continue to publish new content on your site, start a blog if you don't already have one. Be sure that you are keeping your site fresh, up-to-date and relevant and leads and customers should start to roll in naturally. Of course, if you need help you can always contact a reputable outside company to help so that you can focus more on the logistics of your business.