This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should the 1st amendment be abolished to protect minorities, LGBT, atheists and Muslims from hate speech?
02-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Should the 1st amendment be abolished to protect minorities, LGBT, atheists and Muslims from hate speech?
All speech needs to be suppressed and controlled; the majority of Europeans support hate speech laws, I hate free speech. It is Fascist and evil. Yet I still hear some people criticise hate speech laws as PC gone insane. Speech is a privilege not a right or a freedom!

If I ran this country only those with permission from the state would be allowed to speak or broadcast, you would need to pay £2,000,000 to get a licence and if you say anything I don't agree with you will die.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2013, 09:54 AM

No.

Free speech comes with a price.

That EVERYONE is entitled to free speech. You can not allow it for one and not the other.

And there ARE laws in place to deal with hate speech.

EDIT And then I read the last line of your question. Moron.

Ads

I'm gay, and I think people are free to say whatever they want.

If a person doesn't like gay people, he's free to say so. There's a big difference between someone saying he doesn't like gay people, and someone bullying someone for being gay.

take your little girlie european money with you when you leave!

Got to respect a troll that can make me chuckle, but still quite obvious.

Well this post proves it... education DOES make a difference.

You do realize that the ACLU has been one of the strongest protectors of free-speech laws in the U.S. and they are considered one of the most liberal organizations in the nation.

In fact, it was a Jewish ACLU lawyer in America who protected the rights of Neo-Nazis to hold mass demonstrations and commit hate speech against Jewish people.

I am a liberal and I fully support the right to say anything you want to anyone. I dont agree with what groups like the KKK or West Boro Baptist Church say, but I fully support their right to say whatever they want.

"Though I do not agree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Voltaire.

And yes, European nations have it entirely wrong. Their hate speech laws are an abomination and a plague on free society.

So you want to be a dictator. Good luck with that. LOL

free speech is for everyone, not just straight white christian men. in the uk where we don't have free speech (freedom of expression), we can go to jail for writing things about people on twitter.

You need to work harder on sounding like a *genuine* liberal.

Right now, you sound like someone trying too hard and making a false impression.