This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have you ever wanted to just "quit" the internet?
02-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Have you ever wanted to just "quit" the internet?
There are so many social-networking sites now that most people (young people in particular) are completely consumed by it.

It's so time-consuming having all these accounts; facebook, twitter, tumblr, youtube etc.

If you've been sucked into this social-media-driven society, have you ever just wanted to pull the plug on it all?

Me: I think I've had enough, I've deleted everything except this and Facebook (because my mum's on it and I don't live at home anymore).

I've had this account since 2007/8 so I thought I'd ask one more question and once I've picked a best answer I'll delete my account. (Not that anyone cares lol).
Sounds like a good idea Bridgit, you should do it! I just don't want to wake up 40 years old one day and wonder where my life went. Also, many of you are very sensible lol.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2013, 02:15 PM

ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj
ghdhshjsjhesj

Ads

hell yea

I'm not on any social networking sites, and I consider Y!A a question/answer board. I never had a Facebook, Twitter or anything else. I had a Myspace when I wa 12 but I deleted it 2 days later. So not really.

No, I use the internet for educational purposes mostly. I don't have a facebook, tumblr, twitter, 4square, etc...

I'd like to quit, but I guess i'm sort of hooked. I just have two emails and one FB. I like the look of Pinterest, but don't want any more time-wasters on the table. Good luck!

I have a Facebook, but it's been, like, one year or two I haven't REALLY connected. I have considered many times deleting my Y!A, YouTube and Facebook accounts...

Now that you ask, I might quit internet for a while just to focus on writing a book (all I ever wanted to do).

Oh. I didn't know the internet was a workplace. O_o

I often quit the internet. I use my Facebook just about as often as I clean my room (never at best). I don't even remember the password to anything else, the only reason I can even get on this is because it's saved. I use the internet for two things; telling several hundred strangers how I feel on daily basis via a somewhat failing self-help social account, and finding information. Frankly, I despise social networking sites and actually make an effort to assure my friends don't add me on Facebook. I have a phone. If they want to talk to me, they can call me (apparently this makes me antisocial).

Nah. It makes me a lot of money every year.