This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which is the best to get?
02-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Which is the best to get?
I dont know anything about the Ipads and tablets and nooks and kindles(which i think is for only books) or if they are all the same thing. I just want one to pretty much use as a computer i just wanna get on facebook, youtube and whatever else on the internet and get apps. I want something more portable then my laptop. So which one do i get?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2013, 09:50 AM

ipad 3.

Ads

02-26-2013, 09:54 AM

i suggest you borrow one before deciding or atleast make a detailed list of you want to do.
example, my wife really likes playing facebook games and with IPAD, Safari doesn't support the Flash plugin needed to play those games in the browser and need to get the apps version and hopefully its free.

my wife loves her ipad, but i personally feel too limited with what i can do with ipad but and the accessories for ipad seems quite pricy for me such as the additional keyboard. im more of a power user so i still stick to my laptop for better gaming experience and perhaps when the time comes get a tablet instead. there are laptops that flip into a tablet but still abit bulky, eventually as tech improves, it will be better.
02-26-2013, 10:00 AM

If you get an Android tablet you'll be able to do much more and have a much larger selection of free apps than an iPad. Android market is 80% free and 20% paid for, apple store is vice versa. The popular and best quality tablets come in two sizes, 10" and 7". The fairly new Nexus 7 by Google is only $199 and is a 7" tablet. This would be very portable and easy to use. If you want to get one that has a network connection you can buy one from At&t but you have to pay a monthly plan. If you get a WiFi only one you will always have the most up to date Android OS because Google will be managing the up dates. I know this because I own a Motorola Xoom which is also managed by Google. A popular 10" tablet is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. The 16gb Tab is $349 but you can get a mirco sd card to increase it up to 64gb. For all tablets you can get bluetooth keyboards. There are also keyboards that the tablet can rest in a dock and connect that way instead. I'm not sure how much money you are trying to spend but there is a new tablet that came out by Microsoft called the Surface. It starts at $499 with 64gb of storage and runs the new Windows 8. The Android and Apple tablets are not the exact same as a computer whereas the Surface is a computer.