This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What would you consider to be a hipster?
02-28-2013, 02:35 AM
What would you consider to be a hipster?
Just wondering. People are calling me a hipster on facebook and I by no means see myself as one. Don't hipsters wear nothing but colored pants and like to be difficult?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 02:44 AM

this is a hipster
http://hipsters.com/uploads/cache/pins/2...5-crop.jpg

Ads

02-28-2013, 02:45 AM

someone who doesn't like mainstream things just because their mainstream and people who wear big glasses.
02-28-2013, 02:53 AM

I consider a hipster someone who "poses". You know, someone who goes on and on about how different they are, hates modern soceity, etc. The people who rave about The Beatles and can't name more than 5 current bands. The "lol, I'm a nerd" people. The "gamer girl" people. Just people who can't stand nobody paying attention to them, so they HAVE to be different.
02-28-2013, 02:54 AM

I would say a hipster would be someone who tries to avoid fitting into mainstream society and 'dressing differently' but in actual fact most hipsters look exactly the same and listen to the same music. (which are usually uncommon bands - "You like your bands hot, before they're cool.")

I've been called a hipster before and I honestly don't give a fruit-loop about someone calling me that, most of the time the ones calling you that have no idea what it means anyway! Tongue

EDIT : . above has made a good point about the 'nerd' and 'gamer' girls too, the people who act like that generally wish for attention.
02-28-2013, 03:03 AM

It's like an emo person, but without the cutting and better clothes.
02-28-2013, 03:09 AM

Hipsters are hard to define. I view them as people that like to stray away from mainstream things. But it's confusing because it's now considered "cool" to be a hipster so...

Btw, @.- Not everyone that raves about the Beatles is a hipster. I've always been a huge fan and I'm not a hipster haha. I'm sure you didnt mean it that way, but clarifying just in case(:
02-28-2013, 03:18 AM

I think a Hipster is a person who dresses in the Hippie Fashion of the 1960's.