This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is everything I need to know about warped tour this year?
02-28-2013, 10:40 AM
What is everything I need to know about warped tour this year?
So this year I really want to go to warped tour, They are coming to my state July 21. I wanna know what to expect and make my experience as enjoyable as possible.
-What should I wear?
-When should I get there if doors open at 11 am?
-How much money should I bring?
-Do bands play at different stages?
-Do they have that Feed My Starving Children thing going on where if you bring a can they give you a wrist band?
-Is getting up front difficult?
-What do I need to bring?
-Is moshing fun?

Sorry for alll my questions! feel free to tell me more things that I haven't listed, I need to know EVERYTHINGG. Thanks in advance Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 10:49 AM

Its my first year too! I'm going on July 18th with my friends and this is what i've figured out so far.
Dress lightly. Shorts and short sleeves, Bring sunscreen
were going around 10 or 10: 30 and bringing canned food for the hungry so we can skip up ahead in line.
Umm people say the stuff is pricey so i'm going to try and get around 30-50 dollars
The bands do play at different stages. Here are the stages so far for the bands playing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warped_Tour_2013
I would imagine getting up to the front would be hard, so were going to get to our concerts early and push and shove up to the front.
Bring lots to drink, money for food and merch, sunscreen, something to write down the set list,and whatever else you think your going to need.
I'm not trying moshing. But you know that's up to you.

Ads

02-28-2013, 10:49 AM

1. Wear light colored clothing. If you are a girl you can wear a bathing suit top, but if you're not comfortable with that a spaghetti shirt or just a regular shirt is fine. Comfortable shorts. White isn't really preferred because you may get wet and you will sweat. Any comfortable, closed in shoes will do great. You will stand around a lot, and you will get stepped on so don't mind them getting dirty.
2. At least three to four hours. It's hard because you have unpredictable people who get there earlier.
3. If you're planning on buying a lot bring maybe $200 or more. Shirts are usually $20. Shorts can either be $15 or $25. CDs can go for $5 to $10, maybe even $15. Sweaters can go for $40. Posters depend, wristbands depend, and I cannot think of anything else. Oh yeah they sell schedules for like $3 I believe. Water is like $3 to $4 and food is like maybe $10.
4. They do. They have around 4 to 6 stages. Bigger bands that are out there usually play the main stage, smaller bands play on the other stages. Once you get into the gated area look for the inflatable VANS Wall. That has the set times, when a band plays and where at.
5. I am not sure if they'll have that this year. If they do they'll have the skip the line band. I don't know if it's really worth it though. Keep an eye out for it!
6. Up front to see a band? Usually you would have to see the band before them and then once they're over scoot to the front. If you don't do that, then it can be very hard to get to the front if they're popular.
7. I am just going to copy and paste this that I had answered in another question...
- Notebook and sharpie. Some bands have signings and instead of buying something to sign you can use that. Plus you can write down the set times (if you don't want to use your phone) of when a band you'd like to see is playing and if a band is doing a signing.
- Small bag/backpack. If you are planning on buying things this would be good so you can just throw it in your bag.
- FROZEN water bottles. No big ol' jugs either because they don't allow 'em, but you can bring as many water bottles as you'd like. Also a water bottle at Warped costs' like $3 to $4.
- Small snacks. Usually they have a pizza truck out there, but the lines are super long. Just make sure it won't go bad or get crushed!
- Camera. Like I said before some bands have signings and sometimes they will allow you to takes photos with them. And sometimes you may see them walk around.
-SUNSCREEN. That is a must and you must put it on constantly because you will get sunburned.
8. I hate moshers. They ruin the chance of seeing a band play and basically it's just like hitting each other, but others like it.

Other info:
To increase your chances of meeting a band keep a look out on Tumblr (if you have one) to see if anyone who has attended before you says anything about wristbands and sometimes following certain Twitters will help. If they say a certain bands meet and greet is limited be ready to go straight to their merch tent. If you haven't seen or heard anything go straight to the bands merch tent and ask!
Try to get a good night of rest. If it is your first Warped you may be eager, but you'll need that energy for the day of Warped.
STAY HYDRATED AND TAKE AS MANY BREAKS AS YOU NEED! I've seen so many people pass out from not drinking water and no breaks. If you happen to pass out there is a first aid tent around Warped. You can find it on the schedule, it's usually in the back of the paper. If you happen to get hurt you may also go there.
Try to plan your day out when you figure out set times. Set times are on an inflatable Vans Wall. Signings are usually at the bands tent.

Good luck and have fun!