This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I have a case against my former employer for wrongful discharge?
02-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Do I have a case against my former employer for wrongful discharge?
I was fired for violating a social media policy. IL Unemployment turned me down for benefits. I filed an appeal and won. They ruled in my favor saying that I did not violate a reasonable policy. Can I use this as a way to file a case against the employer for wrongful discharge?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 12:13 PM

Nope.

Ads

02-28-2013, 12:21 PM

No way.
Violation of company policy is cause for termination. They were not wrong you were.

Employers can terminate any employee at any time with or without cause. If its without cause meaning the employee did not do anything he/she was not supposed to and also didn't fail to do their job he/she will probably get unemployment. If terminated for cause, even a lame one, chances are the employee will not get unemployment.

I'm a former Wal-Mart Store Manager with eleven years service including as overall General Store Manager of two Texas Wal-Mart Super Centers.
02-28-2013, 12:30 PM

nope. you will now be able to collect unemployment, though, since you won the appeal.