This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My daughter is gothic? Please help. Pictures included.?
02-28-2013, 03:47 PM
My daughter is gothic? Please help. Pictures included.?
My 16 year old daughter is gothic, she's been like this since the 8th grade now and I don't know what to do.
We come from a Christian family and I know she's an atheist, I've tried to welcome religion back into her life but she refuses.
All she does is go in her room with her damn black cat Casper and read, she's currently reading Dracula. She also has a TV in her room in which she watches Netflix, all she does is watch horror movies and watches documentaries; she recently watched a documentary about the origins of Halloween and one on a haunted asylum. She watches the show Ghost Hunters a lot.
She writes a lot as well. She's a nice kid, she's not shy at all but prefers to keep to herself and people she likes. Isn't rude to me unless I start asking why she dresses like a freak.
She always has her earphones in, she listens to stuff like The Cure, and Marilyn Manson.
Her black cat literally follows her around, she loves him so much and I think she talks to him, is this the devil possibly? She has a ouija board in her room I think she uses to contact the dead.
She has a tattoo of an inverted cross and underneath it says "Believe in Yourself" I DID NOT LET HER GET THIS, her friend did it for her.
This is her - http://tinypic.com/r/35bc7jr/6 (she's a natural blonde can you believe it!)
Her boyfriend - http://tinypic.com/r/fz9s0l/6
Her boyfriend listens to a lot of really heavy metal and is a very nice, respectful young man I just hate him because of his piercings (he has his nose pierced now too!). My daughter was goth before him though, they've only been dating a year.
They both have decentish grades.
PLEASE ANYONE HELP I'M DESPERATE, I wish she was a nice cheerleader and was into regular girly stuff like the other girls her age.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 03:50 PM

Lol, I'm sure it's just a phase.

Ads

02-28-2013, 03:56 PM

I'm sorry but she is going to do what she wants, not what Mom wants. She is a very beautiful young girl.
02-28-2013, 04:03 PM

Sorry, I'm inclined to believe you're a troll.

No responsible parent would post pictures of her child online. Furthermore, you've described a perfectly polite, quiet, respectful child who also associates with respectful people. She happens to dress differently and have different interests. My guess is that you have no child. You're just trying to stir up trouble.

P.S.- You also talk like someone under the age of 25. Somehow, I doubt you were eight years-old when you gave birth to her.
02-28-2013, 04:07 PM

she will get over it. but if she doesnt then.. oh well,,,, its her life... let her live it

shes really pretty by the way
02-28-2013, 04:11 PM

well im not parent but my friend dresses this way and i listen to music like that but dont dress like that....... all i know is its either a phrase or her way of espressing herself, inside of calling your own daughter a "freak" how about you support her so she actually feels wanted and loved..... just because shes not normal or fits in, it doesnt matter let her be herself why the hell does everyone feel like they need to me like everyone else, thats just my personal thoughts
02-28-2013, 04:12 PM

It seems she was mislead. I'm afraid there is nothing you can necessarily do to change her. She is a teenager and if you try to change her, you will only lead her farther away. If you find it necessary, ask your priest what to do. I am catholic as well. If you think her boyfriend is leading her to this pull him aside and have a little chat with him. She's your daughter and you have a right to keep her safe from boys to some extent. Good luck and ask your priest about all problems involving religous issues like her cat being the devil, etc. He might know what to do involving exorcisms.
02-28-2013, 04:14 PM

In all honesty i think she'll grow out of the ghost spiritual stuff. But may not grow out of the black hair and piercings. The spiritual stuff is probably just experimental and she'll get bored with it. Shes very pretty and a think the style looks quite nice on her actually. If her lad is a nice kid, then his looks shouldn't really matter as long as he respects you. The more you try to force things on her, the more she is going to rebel. Really i think you have nothing to be worried about. And no i do not believe her cat is the devil lol. Good luck love Smile
02-28-2013, 04:22 PM

I hope you're kidding, but if not, you are an awful person. "I wish she was a nice cheerleader and was into regular girly stuff like the other girls her age." Really?? You'd like it if she were shallow, insipid, and materialistic? really now. The best thing you can do for a child is to let them be themselves, and the worst thing you can do is resent them for trying.
02-28-2013, 04:23 PM

she's just expressing her personality. im guessing that she really doesnt want to fit in and wear what everyone else is wearing. it could be a phase, but i wouldnt be too worried unless she starts showing signs of depression (common in some of my friends that dress/act like her). if you are extremely concerned, you could try talking to her and telling her how you feel, and try reasoning with her. but i really wouldnt try to change who she is. she would definitely not appreciate that.