This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I a bad sister? What should I do?
02-28-2013, 04:03 PM

Tell her that if she doesn't make the change in habits, its only going to get worse and that having a healthier lifestyle will make her much happier. And you're not a bad sister, you're just trying to help her out but it can get frustratingSmile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 04:10 PM

My siblings are completely the same, it's normal

Ads

02-28-2013, 04:20 PM

Stop calling her fat. Even if she is overweight what your doing is bullying by calling her names.

stick to be being sensitive but firm.
explain to her what you said to us about how if she doesn't do well in school and is gaining more weight then there is not a big chance of a career for her. The fact you are trying to help is good though so well done for doing that. Sometimes you need to be blunt.

you could just be like you either lose weight and be the person you want to be or don't do anything about it and stay unhappy while everyone else lives there life.
02-28-2013, 04:21 PM

instead of giving her so many more negative even bullying comments, why not try to help her.

If you see her at the computer eating candy, take her a plate of carrots. Tell her that you love her and that you want to help her. Keep your words positive instead of destructive. Encourage her to go on a walk around the block with you.

If you know your words are mean, you should not say them. That only makes it worse for her. Tell her that she looks pretty when she fixes her hair. Tell her that you love her. Tell her that you wish that other people could see her the way that you see her. Find things to compliment her. HELP her.
02-28-2013, 04:24 PM

Your younger sister is clearly very unhappy and is locked in a vicious circle of eating to make herself feel better and then becoming more upset because of the weight gain and so eating to comfort herself.

But you need to leave her alone. You are making things much worse. It is not your job to tell your sister to lose weight. I don't think you'd recognise sensitivity if it was served to you on a plate with a sprig of parsley on top. You say yourself that you consider your sister to be [another] "brain dead teen". Hark at you pontificating with your prediction of her being obese and unemployable after she leaves school! For goodness' sake, back off. You are not qualified to make a diagnosis of obesity. Your sister's consumption of sweets may be excessive now but she should not try and diet at her young age. It is very possible that as she grows over the next five years, her weight will be more in proportion to her height.

You don't mention your parents in this. Are they concerned? What are they doing about it? You could do more good by having a quiet word with them and see what they think. Perhaps as a family you could take more exercise together, doing fun activities, and jointly cooking meals. You're not going to achieve anything by the bullying and nagging you are currently doing.
02-28-2013, 04:28 PM

I am 14, have a 16 year old sister who calls me fat, because she is sooo skinny. It does get annoying and can get upsetting but i do excersise and am slowly starting to lose weight. Offer to go for a kick about with her, or play some sport with her, and have fun and mess around Smile i usaully play football (i am a tomboy) and i do taekwondo and push ups and sit ups (sometimes..rarely) but it all adds up Smile and tell her you hate Justin Bieber and see if she gets active, by beating you up XD good luck Smile