This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Facebook sent messages to everyone on my friend list by itself?
02-28-2013, 07:44 PM
My Facebook sent messages to everyone on my friend list by itself?
My Facebook account recently send messages to *everyone* on my friend list all by itself. The message contained a link and a whole bunch of gibberish.

First off, why did it do this?
Second, is my account still safe to use (I already changed the password)?
Third, could my computer have a virus?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 07:52 PM

Somebody hacked into your account and sent the messages. You need to cancel that account and open up a new one. Make sure you use a difficult password that is not common. A mixture of words and numbers.

Ads

02-28-2013, 07:55 PM

I'd say run a virus scan for your computer, and go through your facebook add-ons and make sure nothing was added you didn't mean to. Or if there's a sketchy-seeming app, then remove it. Most likely, your account was hacked, and changing your password was a good first move. Make sure your password is complicated and has a mix of capital letters, lowercase letters, numbers and characters. It will keep your account more secure. Don't click on links from facebook that people give you, unless you're 100% positive the individual meant to send the link.
02-28-2013, 07:56 PM

You got hacked, if you changed your password, you'll be fine, just don't open funky links or forwards you get, it's all spam
02-28-2013, 08:04 PM

It's a virus. On Facebook there are always stupid viruses but you just have to stop clicking them and they can't bother you. You must have clicked on one by mistake, but it's happened to me before and I had to go through a lot to get it to go away. What I would say is just to make a new account unless you think you can fix it yourself because if you already changed your password and it's still happening there's nothing else you can do unless you get some type of anti virus package for your internet..