This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leaving an abusive relationship?
02-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Leaving an abusive relationship?
We dated for four years and he was a nightmare. He abused me in every form possible from emotional, to verbal, and physically hitting me or shoving my down stairs, to even kicking me while I was on the floor. Our relationship was always his way. I wasn't allowed to leave the house, wear any light color clothing, or any makeup and I wasn't allowed to have a Facebook or any social media. In the duration of our relationship I've only met two of his friends in the beginning of when we began dating. I lost so much hair and weight that now I'm showing signs of balding and weigh 84 pounds. I broke up with him a month ago because I couldn't deal with his abuse. While I lost all my friends due to him, he went out and partied all night. He lied about where he was and what he was doing. He met up with ex girlfriends and argued with me over the most ridiculous things. I can't stand him and I can't help but hope that he will be miserable in his life.

I know there are SO many people out there much better then him. He thinks he is above everyone for reasons I have yet to find out. I know I'm not going back to him though being with someone for four years is a long time. I know being without him is for the best but I still need help getting over him.

Do you have advice on coping with a break up or stories of your abuser and your success story? I'd love to hear some motivation right now
I'm 20 and he's 21

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 08:04 PM

You may not know this but this will help you heal.You were attracted to him because he was an alpha male.A controlling man.This is the main reason you were with him.If it wasn't within days you would have broken up with him.The first time he told you you couldn't do something you would have said we are over if you hadn't liked it. Just make sure you do not date anymore of these alpha males or you will not be able to stop.If you date too many alpha males you will not be able to be attracted to, treat them well, the nice guys.

It is very good you broke it off with him go look for a nice guy and do not give your self an alpha addiction. You can and will have a beautiful life if you choose to date the non-alpha men.They are called greater beta. and they are greater than the alpha's. They are leaders and confident but do not abuse or cheat.

Ads

02-28-2013, 08:13 PM

Men like that are all about control. You need to get yourself back together and reconnect with your friends and family. Dont look back he is mentally ill and is capable if murder!
02-28-2013, 08:22 PM

Unfortunately, yours is a common story, regardless of gender. Your best bet is to contact the local battered women shelter and ask for help. They are trained to help people like you. You need to heal and heal you will. Now you need to avoid making the same mistake. Kudos to you for getting out of that hell hole. Good luck!