This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any possible ways I can fix/ turn on my desktop?
02-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Any possible ways I can fix/ turn on my desktop?
I've had a dell desktop for about 5 years, I've had past problems with it resulting in a new hard drive (around 2 years ago) but recently, like out of no where, something has gone wrong. Every time I turn it on a black screen pops up stating: "We're sorry for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully, etc." So I press the "Start Windows Normally" option, and it takes me to the Microsoft Windows xp screen, then the dell start logo, and then back to the first page I started with. I have Absolutely everything on this computer and I'm praying I could get all my files back, but I'm completely open to the fact that after a good 5 years it might be broken forever! PLEASE HELP!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 08:30 PM

Boot from the Windows disc and perform a Repair.
Windows should start fine after that.

Ads

02-28-2013, 08:30 PM

Hello,
My name is Krishna and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.
Based on your post, it's more likely that you have a bad hard drive or an operating system corruption. Try running the hardware diagnostics and see if it shows any errors. You can follow the instructions from http://dell.to/dU0fpw

If the test comes out clean, you may have to re-install Windows.

Regards,
Dell-Kris K
Social Media and Community Team