This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
nokia lumia series versus samsung S2/S3 or galaxy note?
04-16-2013, 01:28 PM
nokia lumia series versus samsung S2/S3 or galaxy note?
I am looking to get a decent mobile phone now on o2 or simfree, and come to the conclusion it should be one of these, i bought a blackberry thingy and I'm so disappointed it takes a day to receive a text message when it feels like it.. other phones on the same network have no problem receiving a text on time.. So what is a decent phone that has good screen cos i like watching tv and films while I'm travelling to pass the time, I like a good reading screen too. I have to easily facebook and twitter update and easily attach photos and other documents while in the middle of writing an email.. I basically want it to do everything an iPhone can do but without having to buy an iPhone:-) thanks!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 01:36 PM

I have a Nokia Lumia 710 and my brother has a Samsung Galaxy S1.
I am in love with my nokia.
There is no question that Windows Phone OS is by far better than Android. .
The screen resolution and quality are much better on Lumias.
Nokias are built way better. They are more solid than the S2 and S3, and the touch screen is much more responsive.
Samsung phones also tend to slow down significantly over time, which Nokias do not.
Windows Phone come with the software Zune, which is similar to iTunes both in funcionality and quality. This is much more user friendly than the Android version, and it is much easier to get films from iTunes, Zune Marketplace etc.
However Nokia lumias tend to have slightly smaller screens, a downside if you are wanting to watch videos.

Overall I think a Nokia Lumia is the best bet, however if your main priority is a large screen for videos, consider the Samsung Galaxy Note. I would refrain from getting the S2 or S3 as they have no real advantage over the Nokia Lumia series. Also, Windows are selling their phones way cheaper than they should be, as they want to promote the newly emerging Operating System, so they will be better value.

Ads

If you are purchasing a Nokia Lumia (and I would recommend over those Samsung's mentioned), then only consider the Lumia 620, 820 or 920. These models run the latest Windows Phone OS - the older ones do not.

These phones have excellent screens. All three have a filter which actually reduces glare from the sun. The 920 particularly has the best screen out of all the phones you've mentioned - you're going to love watching movies and reading documents on that screen (really bright, clear). The phone has a massive battery too - so you should be able to enjoy without worrying about where the nearest charger is.

Whilst you can download Facebook and Twitter apps are available from the Windows Phone Store, these services are actually built into the OS. All of your Facebook/Twitter friends appear in your People Hub; and it will link the services too, so you can see all their updates in one place.

It is easy to attach pictures, documents, and other information to any text message or email. The phone also has Office built in.

If texts are taking a long time to arrive - that is a network fault - not a phone fault
Complain to O2, (all networks have problems from time to time)
They can look at remaking your account, and similar

But all blackberrys I have ever seen, get texts just as fast as any other mobile,
eg if you moved your SIM to a new phone, the texts will still be slow.

Talk (complain) to O2.
Are they comming from other O2 users,.or from another network - perhaps it is an inter-network fault ?

Hi there,

Choosing a new phone can be tough - especially as there are so many currently available with lots of different features.

The Nokia Lumia 920 is an 185 gram, 4G-enabled smartphone with a 4.5-inch PureMotion HD+ touchscreen display (perfect for watching your films on the move, with a bigger screen than the iPhone 5!)

Other features of the Lumia 920 include an 8.7-megapixel camera with additional 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video calling and 1080p video recording.

There's 32GB internal memory, 7GB free SkyDrive storage and 1GB RAM for all of your apps, music and photos and Dolby Headphone sound enhancement, all running on the Windows Phone 8 operating system.

Microsoft's mobile platform ensures your social networking life is at hand and the Live Tiles interface allows you to customise so that all of your updates and notifications are where you want them to be!

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a much lighter 133 grams and offers a slightly bigger 4.8-inch Super AMOLED display.

There is an 8-megapixel camera with additional 720p HD front-facing camera for video calling and again, 1080p video recording.

The S3 runs on Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) operating system, and has 16GB internal memory, which can be boosted up to 64GB via the microSD card slot.

The Video Pop feature allows you to have picture-in-picture technology (perfect for multi-tasking), and the S-Beam technology means you can share content by simply placing the handset next to another compatible device.

My advice would be to read around both handsets (or other models in these series) and see if they have features and elements which suit what you're looking for in a phone.

Here's a link to our Nokia Lumia 920 page: http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/phone/Nokia_...920_Black/

I hope this helps you with your decision!

Best wishes,

Stefanie Smile

get the lumia 920
it's way better than any other phone out there
the phone has an amazing 4.5" screen with very good and high resolution
the resolution is even higher than HD
which makes it enjoyable for you to watch videos on it because of the big size and because of the amazing resolution
web browsing is also enjoyable on it
the screen is also very responsive you can even use it while wearing cloves or through your car keys
the phones build quality really is amazing
and it feels high end and premium in your hand it really is enjoyable to hold
the phone has an 8.7 megapixle camera which takes amazing photos and videos
it has image stabilization which is a huge plus and its the first on any other phone
some of its other features are group shot,panorama shot,burst mode and cinemagraph
what group shot allows you to do is to capture the perfect moment so for example if you are taking a photo of 2 people and they blink you will be able to rewind the time till when they were still smiling
cinemagraph allows you to do is to play with the photos and make movement
you can also eliminate moving objects in your photos
and the camera takes better low light photos than any other phone even without flash
the phone has a large App Store which consists of mainly high quality apps
and it also has the amazing Nokia added free exclusive apps and features
like nokia drive,nokia maps,nokia city ,nokia beta,nokia music,nokia creative studio,espn,espn radio,CNN,words with friends,angry birds roost,viber HD and many more
battery life is very good
it also supports wireless charging
the web browser is extremely good and fast
the phone also has Microsoft office which is a huge plus
and it has deep social network integration(Facebook,LinkedIn,twitter,Skype)
you also have more than 150,000 high quality apps in the app store which is a very good number
overall the lumia 920 is an amazing device and you should get it
hope I helped Smile
tell me if you decided to
and if you got any question or need any help you can email me at spieleranswers@outlook.com