This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do wish the conservatives had won their effort to privatize your Social Security account in the stock market?
10-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Do wish the conservatives had won their effort to privatize your Social Security account in the stock market?
under Bush?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:37 AM

Most people found that to be a horrible idea. Time has proven it to be true.

Ads

You damn right...

Hell yes! Have you ever looked at the history of the stock market? After every downturn, it just goes up higher. People who privatized 30 years ago would have 10 times the money they have under S.S.

Hell Yeah.

You have to figure 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing, which is what I can expect from social security when I retire. Plus, I've recouped everything from '08 and then some, so I'd be doing even better. Found money!

It would be nice to have a retirement that is somewhat comfy. It's sad when the elderly either live
on dog food or have to get second jobs. They would make more money if a part of SS was invested.

We'd have a whole lot of homeless elderly that we'd need to put on welfare and medicaid. The conservatives would have been the first to complain.

Yes. Washington is going to bankrupt Social Security by the time I can start collecting on it. At least with the strict investment rules they would enforce, most of us would be better off in the long run.

Unfortunately, there would be those people out there that did not use the system properly and come time for them to start collecting, they wouldn't have enough. Then you're looking at a bunch of elderly people going on welfare, which only creates another financial nightmare for the government.

There is no Social Security "account", its recipients are paid by people working today (thanks to the Democrats on that), much like a ponzi scheme.

I most certainly do wish it was privatized. Anyone and everyone who has a functioning brain would want it also. The Average American would retire a millionaire with a privatized account that they could pass on to their family when they died.