This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which phone is better?
05-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Which phone is better?
Okay so right now I have the samsung galaxy s3 but I've always wanted an iphone. I have tmobile so I would have to get an iPhone off ebay. There are so many things you can do on the s3 that you cant do on the iphone and vice versa. Which one do you think is better iphone 4s or samsung galaxy s3?
I also love the simplicity of an iphone.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 09:54 AM

Phones both serve the same purpose... to call people. Anything more and it has become a toy. They are equal to me.

Ads

05-03-2013, 09:57 AM

The s3 is 10x better. My dad is an IT director so I have used both many many times. The iphone is a nice phone, but when it comes down to it, nothing special really. The Samsung Galaxy s3 is the god of all phones. Keep it.
05-03-2013, 10:07 AM

seeing the price and work SAMSUNG GALAXY S3
05-03-2013, 10:11 AM

S3. Do you want a simple OS with apps or apps plus customization? It all comes down to what you like.
05-03-2013, 10:25 AM

What Brandon Willis said. I'm willing to lower my answer ratio to support his statement.

The iPhone is all hype. Sites like it, it's popular with everyone... And out of the box, it is usable by babies. But you're not a baby, are you? No I'm not trying to convince you into buying an S3, because that is another option I will have to tell you about.

The iPhone wins in one or two departments when compared to some other phones (out of the box), but the S3 has more features and potential... I see you're using T-mobile by the way, would you keep an open mind and check prepaid options? I want you to google Solavei, explore the site, and tell me what you think about it in your additional details after you read this answer. Truly appreciate it if you do (no one does DSmile. Solavei wants people like you and me to help promote their great prepaid service (yep, epic customer service by the way), and requires a sponsor for you to sign up. But I'm not going to give you my sponsor link or my sponsor name because I feel that you probably wouldn't be interested if I did (although it makes me happy that some people contact me to find out more about Solavei and enroll under me).

Android as a system allows way customized options that you can develop towards your phone use. Rooting and file system management are also common features for Android users. Performance enhancements are constantly seen within community developments. Check XDA-Developers forum, they are one example of dedicated developers that want to improve their (and your) phone. True freedom? Android has it. Ease of use, custom-tailored for your use? Are you looking for that? Then go Android my friend (although I can agree that the style of an iPhone is sometimes better than most Android devices).

The iPhone is bought by everyone, but you're not everyone. Here's a statistic though, imagine that 50-80% of iPhone users only install 3 or 4 apps for use. It's not your imagination. They are buying a highly expensive purchase that is going to burn a hole in their wallet (unless you're filthy rich, because contracts lock you into a very expensive plan that you cannot get out of without cancellation fees) even though they probably won't use the phone for much more than their basic use (3-4 apps? Push me off a cliff please, tried hundreds of apps no problem, and millions of apps stand in the app store unused, still). A phone has functions that allow you to be productive, enjoy time wasters, remind you what to do, so much potential that remains inactive even after constant use. So remember, you're buying a phone that you SHOULD invest a little time to customize, because it's something you're spending A LOT of money in order to use and enjoy its many functions.

For the S3, you won't have a quad core phone (USA carriers sell dual core S3 variants), so you can consider quad core options by either buying international versions of the S3, or looking for unlocked phones. The Nexus 4 is a valid phone for great use with T-mobile. And this is one thing, I like the choice that Android gives, the iPhone gives you only one top option per generation, updates come in OS packages... Well for Android, it's common to root, and try developer enhanced ROMs, if you ever go to XDA for ROMs, you know what I mean.

Quad core phones? One X+, Galaxy S3 International, Galaxy Note 2, LG Optimus G, LG Nexus 4, One X international, Xiaomi Mi2, Oppo Finder 5... Take your pick, there are probably more quads, and more coming out. Tech geek? Yeah, I admit I feel a little bit like one. But hey, it's not a bad feeling at all.

Want to discuss or have questions? Contact me at ichigoyeh@gmail.com or skype me at ichigoyeh
I also have facebook... but I don't give it out. You can pretty much guess its name by looking at my skype and gmail usernames.

Don't be afraid to contact me, just treat me like a man servant that you're going to be using today. Yep. That'll be fine. ... ._.''
05-03-2013, 10:28 AM

Which is better depends largely on what's important to you. The s3 has deep integration with your Google account, it has a bigger screen, is more customizable, can be upgraded with larger memory cards while iPhone5 cannot, iPhone5 processor is dual core while the s3 is quad core.

On the other hand, the iPhone 5 weighs slightly less that the s3, iPhone 5 is made of glass and aluminum while the s3 is largely plastic, Siri is slghtly better than S Voice, and there are still more apps on iTunes than Google Play.

For me, the s3 is a better phone, and s3 sales are currently far above iPhone 5 sales, so a lot of people seem to agree.

If it were me, I would stick with the s3 if I had to choose.
05-03-2013, 10:43 AM

The Galaxy s3
05-03-2013, 10:58 AM

The Samsung Galaxy S III is a multi-touch, slate-format Smartphone running the Android operating system. It is designed, developed, and marketed by Samsung Electronics. It sees additional software features, expanded hardware, and a redesigned physique from its predecessor, the Samsung Galaxy S II. Samsung Galaxy S III is much better than the iPhone. So you no need to spend your precious money on the iPhone.
05-03-2013, 11:07 AM

htc one x+ is excellent phone