This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do potential employers look at your fb and twitter?
05-05-2013, 04:21 AM
Do potential employers look at your fb and twitter?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 04:32 AM

Some do. I've heard of some great candidates not getting jobs because of what they've posted on social media, as well as employees getting fired for their posts.

Ads

05-05-2013, 04:44 AM

They could and some do but knowing whether they will or won't is unpredictable. I had a business teacher that told me to always be careful when posting in Facebook or Twitter, because once you hit that submit button others can see it. So just be careful about what you post, because you never know an employer could be checking.
05-05-2013, 04:58 AM

Its happening more often now but if you change your privacy settings on facebook they won't be able to see anything
05-05-2013, 04:59 AM

Mine didn't, and I work in one of the largest banks of my country. However, there are a lot of comments that employers in other countries (especially the US) recently take your posts in Facebook, Twitter and other social networks, as factors that would contribute to you being hired or not (and even to be fired) from your position.
05-05-2013, 05:07 AM

Some do.

However, this is where privacy settings are your friend!