This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice needed - please read (10 points)?
10-13-2012, 02:09 AM
Advice needed - please read (10 points)?
Im 17 from London, im currently about to begin studying my second year in Plumbing on a level 3 course as well as a level 3 course in media. both very well credited qualifications once achieved. I began plumbing last year because long term the money is good, however as ive matured and realized my goals in life, I decided to pursue whatever would make me happy rather than wealthy and I was fortunate enough to study in media which I enjoy as well as plumbing which is good money wise, so BOTH. However something is about to throw a spanner in the works, I could be offered a apprenticeship in plumbing therefore id earn money and study but it means no Media, my parents say I would be a fool to turn it down as they are so rare and I might never be offered one personally again. Now I would take it and forget media, you see its not the media course which will make me happy, its what comes along with it. Ive been in depression the last 2 years, ive become a loner as all my friends moved and we went seperate ways, I have 2 friends and one is very popular, if I do media ill be able to hang out with him and regain my social life which means more to me than a bucket load full of money at 17. Its either do media and plumbing and no apprenticeship, or an apprenticeship in plumbing with no media however lots of money to spend on just myself as a loner. I want to be happy, and im hoping doing media will pan out how I think, and I can make friends again. If im working as a plumber, I will never see outside my 4 walls and under a kitchen sink again.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 02:17 AM

I think you should go with the plumbing and apprentice ship. I had a similiar dilema about 5 years ago and regreted it. Sophmore in college majoring in culinary arts minor in buisness management. Had an oppertunity to work as an apprentice at Abacus restaurant in texas. Would have gotten paid decent amount. Instead i turned it down to finish buisness management. Instead of working at a high end restaurant like Abacus at the moment im workin at Porter beer bar in Atlanta Georgie. What im getting paid right now is less than what i would have been paid if i had took the apprentice position. So i say take the job, to get a headstart on life. Or else its going to take a while to get where you want to be.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply