This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When is it okay to search people on-line and find stuff on them and when does this become cyber-stalking?
08-27-2013, 07:04 AM
When is it okay to search people on-line and find stuff on them and when does this become cyber-stalking?
I was looking up someone through a charity dinner and liked the cause. I get bored in the evening and pretend things so I was pretending similar set ups for a charity or good cause dinner. I saw the pictures have been removed from Google images and I worried maybe they saw someone was looking up that image on different occasions.
Does Google remove images if they see my IP Address and see I have looked up something repeatedly?

Also, my other questions listed below.
1. Is it always legally okay to look up people's names on-line even if it is considered bad etiquette to talk about?
2. At what point does looking up people on-line to see what they are up to cross the line with creepy or cyber-stalking?
3. If it okay to share photos to people like "Hey Mom, I found a photo of our old neighbor, here is an email and you'll see what they look like nowadays" or is that very bad etiquette and does it come across as creepy?
4. Can someone see who is Googling them or is that always impossible even though ads say "find out who is searching you"? I know Mylife.com and Classmates people can see but my searches are always through Google and/or Facebook.

I am wondering because I honestly am trying to be appropriate. I grew up bullied in school and so I keep to myself outside of spending time with family. As a result I knew a lot of my parents acquaintances growing up. They lived in a small town. So they are the people I often am looking up. I just want to be sure I am only doing it when it is appropriate socially. I don't look up personal things like phone numbers or court records. It is simply stuff Google and/or Facebook would show.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2013, 07:05 AM

Yes, thats fine.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply