This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I was under the impression that if someone blocked you on Facebook you would not see them?
12-07-2013, 12:05 AM
I was under the impression that if someone blocked you on Facebook you would not see them?
I have a friend who appears as a grey icon in my friends list, and it gives me the option to de-friend them if I wanted. However I was not going to as I thought he may just deactivated his account for a short while, but now someone is telling me this is what happens when you get blocked, confused.com...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2013, 12:09 AM

If he appears as "Facebook User" it is more likely he deactivated his account

Ads

12-07-2013, 12:15 AM

I have a few like that in my friends list showing as that same icon.
They have not blocked me nor have they permanently deleted their accounts..
They are in a state of deactivation as in they have temporary left Facebook for a while for whatever reasons. They will come back whenever so that's what your friend has done.
If he//she had blocked you you wouldn't even see that person as a blank or grey icon. Sit tight and that person will reappear when reactivates account
12-07-2013, 12:28 AM

It may be a deactivated account. Your friend either was removed from facebook for reported abuse or for temporary security reasons.

If they blocked you, you would see a gray icon and no link to their name in your message history. You would not be able to unfriend them since they don't exist from your account's view.