This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remember when Dubya & the c0ns wanted to merge social security with the stock market?
10-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Remember when Dubya & the c0ns wanted to merge social security with the stock market?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 09:10 PM

I would have retired years ago if that 12.4% that is taken from my check had been in a mutual fund or an IRA... something getting more than the 2% per year that the government offers!

Ads

We wanted to give you the choice of merging with the stock market.

Why aren't you pro-choice?

Yeah that was just insane. He was trying to inflate the market. I wonder which companies would have made the 'approved' list.

Perhaps the real reason for that plan was EXACTLY what it looks like now....

As in "steal from the poor and give it to the rich."

Kind of what Robin Hood did, only backward. But their hero was Hobin Rood, a dyslexic crusader.

That's not exactly true. President Bush wanted it to be done voluntarily, and I got to tell you, it could have worked. When he got the thumbs down he asked for alternatives for the other side of the isle, and got none! It's no wonder there's a similar response to the Democrats Health Care reform. All these guys are working for their own special interest.

Yes, I remember. It would have been a disaster. There would have been panic in the streets. It's bad enough that our 401k's plummeted in value when the stock market tanked but many seniors actually depend on their Social Security payments.

Yes I do. Thank the lord that never happened. All the poor elderly drawing SS would have been up a creek without a paddle if that had happened.

Remember when liberals wanted the nanny government to control their retirement and social security became an insolvent ponzi scheme?

Dude, that's not what they wanted. Do some research before shooting your mouth off about something you don't understand.

"Privatizing" social security is not the same thing. They did not want to "merge social security with the stock market." Privatizing means that people would be able to have control over the money they put into social security.

You do realize that pensions are invested in the stock market? What do you think happens with the funds we pay into SS? Do you think the millions just sit there doing nothing or are they invested (in the stock market)? Oops, I just shot a big hole in that little rant!