This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I persuade my parents to let me havr facebook?
01-07-2014, 05:22 PM
How can I persuade my parents to let me havr facebook?
I'm 13 so legally aloud it, I had it before but one of my friends wrote something my mum thought was inappropriate so she deleted it. I've tried reasoning with her and don't see why I can't have it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2014, 05:24 PM

If they don't understand you can block users in fb, create an account anyway but don't tell them. Browse in Incognito mode.

Ads

01-07-2014, 05:33 PM

thats what happened to me but what i did was that i told my dad that this is a way to talk to my friends with out going out cuz they didnt want that also i told her that i would be more responsible with it n that wat they post isnt my fault
01-07-2014, 05:41 PM

Because it's useless waste of time.
01-07-2014, 05:47 PM

Try to see if she is willing to have a family facebook account with you as a trial. Or have her work with you on the friends you have on your account. The key is to involve her in the decisions as well so that she sees you are actively trying to maintain your facebook account in a positiver manner.
01-07-2014, 05:50 PM

Just dowmload it on your phone and dont tell them anything your perents can rule YOUR life
01-07-2014, 06:02 PM

First of all, don't listen to anyone telling you to go behind your parents' backs. That will only cause more problems because when they find out, they will no longer have ANY trust in you.

Sit down with your mom and explain to her that you have no control over what your friends post and that if anyone posts anything inappropriate, you will delete that person as a friend.

The article I'm linking talks about guidelines for using social media. Some may apply to you, some may not. It's up to you and your parents to come up with a compromise that you all feel comfortable with. One of these guidelines is to keep the computer out of your room. That may be a good option so your parents could keep an eye on what you are doing online.

Just remember that just because you're 13 and ALLOWED to have Facebook by Facebook rules, your parents are the ones who know you best. You need to show them that you are responsible enough to use it.
01-07-2014, 06:13 PM

Sit Down have a Talk With your Parents Tell Them your Old Enough to have a Facebook Now And you Will Use it Responsibly you Will Not Talk to Strangers you Will Set your Information to Private

You Will Not Post Anything Inappropriate

Good Luck
01-07-2014, 06:19 PM

Hey Ria!

I would definitely try proving to your parents that you are responsible enough for a Facebook page. Also, to ensure that doesn't happen again, change your settings so that when someone posts on your timeline, you will have to approve it first. This is located under your privacy settings and I have attached the image for your convenience! Good Luck!