This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
should i get facebook?
02-18-2014, 05:15 AM
should i get facebook?
should i get facebook? im the kind of person that doenst want everyone to know everything about me. i believe that if you want to know me you should talk to me in person, but i like to look at people's facebook's and you can't do that without creating a profile...

unfortunately i dont really know much about facebook...
how much privacy do you get? can you delete your account if you decide you dont like it?(and what happens if you do)? how much of my personal information will be posted on the web? and what about this thing that ive heard about facebook recording what sites you've been to and posting them on your profile? (is there any way to restrict that?)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 05:26 AM

on facebook, you can get any amount of privacy you want, you can make things private. Like you can make it like only friends can see your profile, or people in your network can see your profile. you don't have to write too much in your about me section and stuff. There will be no personal information posted, if you don't post it. facebook doesn't record what sites you've been to and posting them on your profile. That is a mith.
So yeah, you should get it.

Ads

02-18-2014, 05:39 AM

you should get a facebook.
none of your personal info will be posted unless you want it to be.
02-18-2014, 05:48 AM

i have it and it is much more secure than myspace and you can post hwatever you want on the web....they have many options including privacy and what to show to the public and friends...so its as safe as you personally want it to be
02-18-2014, 06:04 AM

how much privacy do you get?
as much as you want. you can limit everything to private, just friends, logged in only, or everyone to see it.

can you delete your account if you decide you dont like it?(and what happens if you do)?
you can delete it and if you do its gone.

how much of my personal information will be posted on the web?
as much as you want to

and what about this thing that ive heard about facebook recording what sites you've been to and posting them on your profile? (is there any way to restrict that?)
its called newsfeed. it just posts if you commented on peoples pics, or if you got a new application, you can just delete the ones you dont want people to see,,

hope i helped.
02-18-2014, 06:19 AM

You do NOT have to display any pictures. It gives the choice to, or not to show your email. No personal information is shown except your name is shown. Some people even make a fake one, but I advise you to use your real one, so that people will know who you are. Facebook does NOT post the sites you have been to and puts them on your profile, because they DO NOT HAVE THE PERMISSION TO DO THAT! Anyways, I hope I helped clear up some questions.
02-18-2014, 06:33 AM

well yeah u do get alot of privacy
u can make that know one sees ur profile but ur friends.
and if u upload pictures, u can make only certain people look at these photos...im not sure about deleting the profile
but im sure u can jst delete everything.everyone and never go on it again then it should be deleted lol
i hope this worked
Smile
02-18-2014, 06:39 AM

Facebook is a great website to communicate with friends in spare time. For security you can set it to only people in your friend list can view yet, people in your network, high school, college etc. You can also delete your account if you do not want it anymore.

For personally information it most likely won't be available for people to view on the internet. As for Facebook recording sites that you view that is the first time I've heard of that and I bet its most likely a rumor.
02-18-2014, 06:48 AM

When you set it up make sure you set the privacy to only allow people to see your profile when you accept them as friends.
That's the best way that way when people look you up all they can see is a photo (if you want one up) and your country.
People can only see what you want them to see, it depends on how much you write about yourself!.
When you add applications on facebook (games activities etc) it has options before you add it to say whether you want your actions viewed on newsfeed and stuff like that.
You can make it so that none of that is shown.
just un-check the box.
Yes you can delete it and nothing else happens.
I've had facebook for quite a while and never had any problems with it, if there's anything you dont like just delete it, its really simple and you can add/change/delete any info at any time.
If there's anything else just ask!!!

Good luck
02-18-2014, 07:02 AM

Hey doll! I am a regular 25 yr old chick who loves to chat with my friends, and my husband online. I gotta say I have both myspace and facebook. I love face book better because the layout is better. Check my facebook out add one yourself and add me as your friend and I will walk you through to design your own face book. Okie dokie chick go to my facebook then register for your own and then add me!! Can't wait!!!
Good luck!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1117124533
you will see my name is Stephanie N Whitcomb