This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is internet activism actually worth anything?
02-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Is internet activism actually worth anything?
I've seen a lot of "activists" on social media websites who all seem to have a lot to say, but not really anything valid or overly useful, and I feel they mostly just state the obvious and re-hash the same tired points. So I inquire; is activism actually worth anything, or is it merely a self-esteem boost to the ethically insecure to project their emotions with?

I am talking about most internet activism in general, but in-particularly referring to things like Tumblr's social justice blogs.

Any answers on this, good or bad would be vastly appreciated.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM

No, The only activists that do or make a difference in anything are &#x27;hacktivists&#x27;. They hack social media sites&#x2F;accounts. You may have heard if SEA, they are hacktivists that actually got shit done.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:40 PM

The Internet has been used to gather numbers to actually do things in the real world. It is mostly used to get the word out but can be a motivator.
~
Don't knock what you can't see. Blogs & the social media aren't the only things out there.