This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2 Facebook accounts with same email?
02-19-2014, 12:26 PM
2 Facebook accounts with same email?
I had temporarily deactivated my Facebook account. Then a few days later my sister asked me to make her a Facebook account but u forgot to ask for her email address. I figured I would use mine just to set up her account and then she could replace it later with hers. Well now I can't log on to my own account to activate it cause her account pops up! -_- i was DUMB ... I know I know ..

So my question is if by me creating a new account with my email my account no longer exists ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:27 PM

When you already have an account and you use the same email, it is not suppose to work. It is suppose to say email has been already used or something like that. I don't know what happened but it doesn't look good. You should tell facebook what happened and maybe they could retrieve your account.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:36 PM

correct, your old account no longer exists
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM

You're only supposed to have one facebook account, so when you used the same email address for your sister's facebook account, facebook was alerted of the duplicate email address being used on two accounts. You'll have to contact facebook's Help Center to get this straightened out. You may have already lost your old account, and may need to make a new faccbook account using a completely different email address. You need to remember facebook's Terms of Use and follow them exactly.

http://www.facebook.com/help/