This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I HATE HOMESCHOOLING!!!? HELP!?
02-19-2014, 12:29 PM
I HATE HOMESCHOOLING!!!? HELP!?
Well you know, im 15 and i used to live in mexico and i had a lot of friends but i made a damn mistake n now i live in mcallen n i just hate it i used to have facebook to but my parents dont let me use it anymore and i have no bad friends it was just one friend that was bad influece, but anyway im now homeschooling at central christian academy in florida and i just wanna burn everything and run i miss my friends and it is the will of god that i be in mexico, i just cant live one day more im depressed my mom is still in mexico n my dad is with me cause they are divorced and i dont know i really neef your help and spanish is my first language and like doing school in english is just too hard i cant and im not learning everything im learning about the planets and you know thats stupid the just put me that so i can learn everything in english but thats stupid please help me with prayers or i dont know god is by my side but the problem is im not going back there till my dad'd want to, help
correction i dont like doing school in english

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM

I don't really have much to tell you but something told me to say something so I'll let God guide my words...
I am homeschooled and have been all my life. It's not too bad when you get used to it but I can see why it'd be hard at first when you are used to something else. When it comes to your life itself, from living in Mexico to moving to the US and all that, I'm really sorry because I'm sure all of this is hard on you, especially with your parents being divorced.
Like I said from the beginning, I don't really have much to tell you but what I'm about to say should be all that is really needed...
...Ask God for strength because His strength will NEVER fail you. You may not know where your life is going or what to do but trust that God will guide you and protect you and He will take care of all your worries. There is a simple prayer that I pray all the time when I can remember to. I'd like to share it with you because I feel like you need to hear it and do your best to pray it as well:
"Lord give me strength; patience, peace, confidence, courage, wisdom, and if by Your will; understanding. Lord give me strength."
Always remember though, God will either keep you from suffering or He will give you the strength to get through it.
Don't worry my brother in Christ, God will always be there for you, ALWAYS!
And so you know, you'll definitely be in my prayers!!!
Just stay positive and don't stop smiling! I'm sure God loves to see you smile. Smile

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:37 PM

Yes, it's hard moving from one country to another. I'm 16 and currently on my fifth country and I hate it. I would be on a plane back home tonight if only my mum would let me! It's hard enough when you want to be where you're living but when you don't want to be there, it is doubly tough. How long since you left Mexico??? It can take a long time, as long as three years, to get over the "culture shock" of moving to a new country.

Is there any way you can go back and spend your holidays in Mexico with your mum or with another family member??? If you always knew you were going home in so many weeks or even months it may help you to struggle on with your life in the US in the meantime.

Other than that you just have to find some positives, even if you have to look really hard to find them. Think of how much more employable you'll be and how much more money you'll make now that you'll likley become bilingual (able to speak Spanish and English)!

The thing that helps me a lot is to base my studying (I'm home educated too) on my "home countries" (there are two that I consider to be my true home) curriculum and education system. Can you not find a way to Mexican-ise your studying?!? What would you be learning in Mexico? Can you not keep up with that even though you're no longer there in person?

You may want to look at some of the "Third Culture Kids" websites too. You'll find more suggestions for coping with life in (yet) another country on them.

Finally, I know next to nothing about God but, if you believe in Him, don't you also believe that He has everything under control and that He has a plan for you. He will put you where He means you to be. If it really is God's will that you go back to Mexico, won't He make that happen somehow...and if He wants you in the US, then He must also have plans for you there.

Hope you can understand this. I have tried to stick to "proper" English and not deteriorate into slang but actually English is not my first language either -- never heard or spoke a word of English until I was 5.
02-19-2014, 12:38 PM

I'd suggest you get out of the house and take up some activities that will take your mind off what you don't like. You sound isolated. All the change in curriculum and language in the world won't fix that. Can you join a church youth group or take up martial arts? Do *something* outside the house. Study the history of Mexico. It's fascinating. Take a time period, go to the library and get books. Study and write in Spanish. Forget the Spanglish. Truly develop your literacy skills in Spanish. Read novels. Mexican authors are some of the most highly regarded. Read the works of Octavio Paz or Carlos Fuentes. Learn your history and culture. You can wallow in your misery or you can make something out of it. Being bilingual is a gift. I'm thankful to my parents for insisting I really use my Spanish. When you do eventually return to Mexico, being bilingual and dominating both languages will be a true advantage. And remember, si se puede, se desees.