This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Republicans do you still think privatizing Social Security & moving those funds into the stock market is good?
10-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Republicans do you still think privatizing Social Security & moving those funds into the stock market is good?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 12:51 PM

Yes of course.

Ads

Anything to take it out of the hands of our government.

Of course....even with the "collapses" of the late 1990s, 2008 and last week my overall portfolio has far out-performed my SS statement.

Let me ask you this: what's the difference between blind trust in the government and blind trust in a broker?

Nothing.

That's why the more active and educated a role we can take in our own lives the better this whole country will be....culturally AND economically.

It's not a terrible idea.

The program, as described, was voluntary. You could decline, in which case the Social Security Trust Fund managers would invest it in the stock market anyway. Privatizing it simply gives you an option for you to choose where it is invested.

yes of coarse, there has never been a 30 year period where the market made less than 8%

LOL, sport, privatizing doesn't mean people put them in the stock market, they could put it in bonds, you name it. Funny how assholes like you think forcing people to keep their money in a broken government Ponzi scheme is "compassionate". Your lack of self awareness is appalling.

The 2 1/2 year return since Obama took office on the Market is still far superior than the return SS gives you on your money. The DOW was around 8,900 when Obama took office.

Despite the bumps and bruises, we would ALL be far better off if our SS contributions were invested in a private account in the market, than with SS.

And nobody says you have to invest your private SS money in the market. You can buy Treasury Bonds if you wish, exactly what is being done now with your SS money.

Yes. My portfolio has always done much better than the return I got from 55 years of paying into SS. EVERY STUDY DONE on this subject shows we would have been much better off just buying treasury bonds over the SS system.

The only problem with privatizing is the politicians don't like it because then they can't get their grubby greedy hands on the money to buy votes with. Of course they don't like it!

I would rather have my money in Somali slave futures over the present governments system. They will screw it up worse than Somali War Lords!

Yes I do....I am very good at saving and investing my money. And gee Sparky letting the government "save" "invest" and "spend" my money sure didn't work out for ANYBODY!!!!